Author Topic: Yeehaw! I just booked the family vacation  (Read 3599 times)

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Yeehaw! I just booked the family vacation
« on: January 04, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »
We are going to Deadwood during their Day's of 76 celebration in late July.  Looking forward to it...
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
Re: Yeehaw! I just booked the family vacation
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 04:23:58 PM »
Cool!

Do you need anyone to carry bags an' such?  I worked at a hotel and have tons (literally) of experience!  And I'm pretty cheap! :D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Ornery Orr

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 07:13:26 AM »
My wife is taking me to St. Thomas for my Birthday at the end of May.  She's tired of me complaining about not diving since the Marine Corps.  I told her I'd settle for a couple of '51 Navy cap and ball pistols and a Henry, but unfortunately she'd rather go to St. Thomas.  Why can't she just give me what I really want?  ;D

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:53:34 AM »

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 08:00:06 AM »
Orney Orr, are you staying at Blue Beard's Castle???  And make sure you take some snorkle gear to Megan's Bay when you go, I once found enough money snorkling there to buy a round for a very large group in about 30 minutes... :o :o :o
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Offline Kayleen

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 08:11:16 AM »
  We also have our vacation planned. Shortly after Convention we will be traveling back to Oklahoma City. Yes you have guessed it, the Cowboy Museum and the Stock yards. I have  some research to do. Then on to Galveston, Tx for some fun.
  Deadwood is an interesting place to visit. Do not forget to see Mount Moriah Cemetary. I have been there several times and can still find things to visit over and over again.
Latter,
Kayleen

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 09:09:36 AM »
Major Matt,

Sounds like fun.  Wish my wife would agree to something like that, but her idea of a vacation is going to the beach.  I keep telling her that going to the beach for a Marine is like going to work, but she doesn't understand the significance. 

On the other hand, I'm tentatively planning to "Ride with Custer" in June.

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 05:26:18 PM »
... On the other hand, I'm tentatively planning to "Ride with Custer" in June.

Say, USS, which event you planning on going to - the Real Bird Ranch re-enactment on June 24, 25, 26?  (Assuming you're talking about a Little Big Horn-type event, not Civil War, that is ...) 

Reason I ask is that a young feller from these parts who has been going to these events for a couple or three years (son of a colleague - Jeff Wahl, who depicts Lt. Sturgis in the "custerclan" group) has suggested I might like to attend, and perhaps even participate in a civilian scout personna, this coming summer.  And I've been giving that possibility serious thought, especially since I won't be able to attend other US events next year, what with Buffalo Bill's Summer Range cancelled, and GAF Muster conflicting with our main autumn shoot, locally ....
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 05:15:42 AM »
Jack,

Thats the one.  I've only tentatively signed up as I have 3 other conflicts at the same time that may take priority. 

I did one of those Cowboy Adventure Rides a few years back and had a blast, so thought this might be fun.

Offline Grizzle Bear

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 07:35:45 AM »
Major Matt:

I guess this means you won't be gold mining the first week of July with the rest of the KVC?

GB

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Ornery Orr

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 07:38:19 AM »
Orney Orr, are you staying at Blue Beard's Castle???  And make sure you take some snorkle gear to Megan's Bay when you go, I once found enough money snorkling there to buy a round for a very large group in about 30 minutes... :o :o :o

We'll be staying at Secret Harbour Resort.  I don't know if we'll get Cinda certified to dive or not.  She might just end up snorkeling.  I've already replaced my PADI card that I lost a few years back and plan on taking a refresher course once I get there.

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 10:09:48 AM »
Griz,

I had to find something that wife and kids wouldn't mind doing.  Tina has already let me know that Deadwood was not on her favorites list....But I refused to go to North Carolina again this year to visit the in-laws.  They can come here.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com