Author Topic: Sixgun Spotlight - A New Series On My Channel  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 709
Re: Sixgun Spotlight - A New Series On My Channel
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2024, 10:04:18 AM »
   Why thank you esteemed "Builder of Burial Boxes" for the compliments  AND the new rattle in my head !!!
  A "multi caliber" setup on a "mono-frame is genius and gives me ideas that I figured were pretty well easily kept at bay, but thanks to you sir,  that thought is gaining space in my  "bwain"!!!!!

Rube !  See what stuff like this starts  ?!!!!

Thanks Rube!!!!   I 'preciates  ya both !!!!!  Now, if I can just get my cute little "pug" nose past the door frame I think I can get in and get to work !!!! 

The "other" other Mike

You might just need to get one of them fancy large roll up doors to be able to walk in easily.  ;D
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2024, 10:05:01 AM »
:) Hey Rube  ;)

Listen Rube.  Ya gotta be some more careful about spreading them Accolade's on Mike Bracket at Goonsgunworks.  Swell his head much more an he won't be able to get thru his shop door  ;D  Whilst a tad unconventional, Mike's work is absolutely top drawer.

A point worth mentioning about the 1871/72 Open Top as manufactured by Uberti.  Unless Uberti had done something absolutely stupid, the Open Top is a Chameleon.  The Open Top is available in Three different cartridges.  .38Spl, 44 Spl, and 45 Colt.  Once the Arbor Fit has been corrected, and a nice Action Job completed, with just minor fitting, ALL THREE cartridges can be shot on a singe frame just by changing out the Cylinders and Barrels.  In the past, also available in ALL the popular barrel lengths and Taylor's also include a really neat SNUBBIE.

The Other Mike

That has already crossed my mind. I thought about doing a set of opentops as a set with swapable 44/45 cylinders.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 130
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2024, 02:42:01 PM »

:)  Hey MIKE!!  ;)

Yea buddy.  I started playing the Chameleon game with Open Tops some Lustrum(s) ago.  My personal "GO-TO" Open Tops sport ALL the cartridges.  With the three "basics" the possibilities are almost endless.  Three or Four different .38 cartridges, 44 Russian, 44 Colt, 44 Special then we get into the .45.  Cowboy 45 Special, 45 Schofield, 45 Colt.  ALL mounted up on the same frame.

When contemplating a Chameleon, one should start with the Barrel to Arbor fit bu fixing it at the Arbor.  ALL the barrels are uniformly drilled wrong.  My Cheap, Quick and Dirty method of just dropping a #10 Split washer down the barrel bore still works but it's cumbersome for changing cartridge sets.  then one must be extra careful to match up cylinders and barrels.  Big hole cylinders and little hole barrels can get really messy  ::)  :o

Da odder Mike  ;D   

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:46:25 PM »

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 135
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2024, 11:07:31 PM »
:) 

Big hole cylinders and little hole barrels can get really messy  ::)  :o

Da odder Mike  ;D

In a hurry!!!!!   :o

Yep, I knew of your exploits with the Piettas and I've done a few Uberti's with different length barrels ( 19th century  Pistol Packs ya know). Anyway. I've not had different caliber '72's  here at the same time to get that "I otta try that" ding in my head. In fact I've got a pair in 45C visiting but no others.
  I'm glad you mentioned it though,  definitely worth looking into!!!

Thuther mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2024, 11:36:37 AM »
In a hurry!!!!!   :o

Yep, I knew of your exploits with the Piettas and I've done a few Uberti's with different length barrels ( 19th century  Pistol Packs ya know). Anyway. I've not had different caliber '72's  here at the same time to get that "I otta try that" ding in my head. In fact I've got a pair in 45C visiting but no others.
  I'm glad you mentioned it though,  definitely worth looking into!!!

Thuther mike

I definitely know whoever sent you those 45 72s will be happy once they get them back.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2024, 11:38:12 AM »

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2024, 12:22:31 PM »

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com