Author Topic: I actually tried to stop myself but could not quite do it...  (Read 6823 times)

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I actually tried to stop myself but could not quite do it...
« on: December 22, 2005, 07:26:58 PM »
Well.

I went and did it, without meaning to...but I did anyway.....

I left the office a little early today to deliever some Christmas Cheer to some coworkers who provide support for my operations.  I got done early with them and thought I would go lust an M4 Carbine at the toy store.  Well, they didn't have an M4, but they did have a Taurus Thunderbolt....and REALLY freaking reasonably priced too, as in less than $400.  I slapped that bad boy on lay away after playing with it for a few minutes.  The wife would MURDER me if I brought a new toy home three days before Christmas.....Especially when she is putting a C&B Revolver under the tree for me...

Well, Somebody please tell me how to get the Congress to examine it in February to determine legal status.

Thanks
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
Re: I actually tried to stop myself but could not quite do it...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 09:56:57 PM »
Maj. Matt,

Bring it to the conventions and let the Congress members see it.  They want to vote on it at the Congress meeting.  That is all it will take.

Congratualtions!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 10:44:12 PM »
Major Matt, I will be submitting photos as well as one of Joel Rezacs thunderbolts to the congress for approval at the convention. As far as any one saying that they are already approved ,they aren't. However I'm pretty sure they will be after the convention.  By the way hope you and your missus have a merry Christmas.
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Advertising

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 12:03:26 AM »
Howdy Joss,

The feeling that I took away from the Nov. Congress meeting was  If it moos and is 5 feet tall, even thought it has 4 legs and a tail it is not a dog, regardless of what you call it.  I think that they just wanted to be sure that it really is a Colt Lightning repro and not just sorta simialr.  Some of you Senators and Reps correct me if I'm wrong.

Supposed to be 56 here in KC Friday!  Yeeeee Haw!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 09:07:35 AM »
Actually, the more correct view is that: " If it quacks like a duck, it Might be a duck call."  We have had numerous advertising campaigns extolling the virtues of some "clone" or "repro" of this or that firearm.  Some have been very much a close copy as far as appearance and function go.  Some have been a far cry from such.  We just would like to see either good photos or a specimen to see for ourselves ( if we have not had the chance to view one firsthand) before we give it a definite approval. 
After some of the hasty decisions made in the past, some of which had to be revisited, and some of the occasions where decisions were Not made or enforced, we are understandably reluctant to act on hearsay.
A case in point is the USFA Rodeo:  None of us are saying that they are anything except a very close copy of the Colt SAA.  The finish, however, is not quite as well received.  It is a "textured" finish, not a polished blue or worn blue.  The same applies to the various firearms sold with "Milennium" or "matte" finishes.  A few minutes with a buffing wheel elliminates the objection, but unless that is done, the finish is not really correct to the time frame we depict.  The same applies to a matte stainless finish.  Bright stainless finishes can be equated with chrome or nickel, but the matte or brushed stainless cannot.

This is not to say that any given firearm will not be approved, I just would hold off on buying one until I had a more definite answer to that question.

Major Matt, I have no reason to believe that the Thunderbolt will Not be approved, but it hasen't been by other than general reference at this time.
French Jack

Offline Wild Ben Raymond

• Wild Ben Raymond
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 10:40:30 AM »
Ok, Major I got'a ask, what cal 45 or 357? What barrel length? Carbine or rifle? Whats the finnish like, is the reciever blued or case-colored? Let's have a little discription of it here. Don't leave us in the dark! Just askin' Wild Ben Raymond

Offline Grizzle Bear

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 10:48:54 AM »
Major Matt, you are hereby officially judged to be a Bad Boy, to buy YOURSELF such a present at this time of the year.  The only way you can avoid receiving a lump of coal in your stocking this Christmas, is to forthwith deliver the offending item to a non-interested third party.  I would nominate myself, as you know I am not a "gamer", and I would only shoot this fine firearm in the slow, plodding manner that I have perfected over the years.  Trust me, this is the only way you can evade the total ruin that will be brought on by this reckless act.

Grizzle Bear

(I tried to contain myself, but I escaped!)

P.S. The M4 would have been nice, too!

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 10:57:50 AM »
Ben,

I got the rifle in .45 LC.  The finish is a nice blue.  The stock and fore grip is a nice looking light walnut.  The barrel is long, the 26 inches, I believe.  I was told that the .357 and Carbine version would not be out until March, so that may mean June or October  ;)

Griz,

Being that I celebrate both Christmas (December 25th) and Festivus (December 23d) I chalk the pump gun up as a Festivus Miracle.... ;D :D ;)

Today, being Festivus, will be observed with the tradional airing of grievences and feats of strength. ;)

For those who are not aware of what Festivus is:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 11:14:32 AM »
Major Matt,

Seems everyone has overlooked the obvious...the C&B revolver left under the tree.

Since you'll be way to busy playing with the Thunderbolt, that poor ol' little revolver is going to feel unwanted .... especially since I know you're not fond of the True Powder required to keep that little pistol happy.

I'm willing to make the ultimate sacrifice here and take that pistol off your hands so that it'll have a home where it'll be loved, cared for, and fed on a regular basis. 

We could probably work out visiting rights if'n you promise not to try and feed it any of that new smokeless powder. 

Go on, do it...you know you want to!   ;D

US Scout
(who felt sorry for that little .50-70 Sharps carbine on the Cimarron table at the SASS Convention and now owns)

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 11:50:55 AM »
Well Bill,

Thanks for your generous offer.  However, without that 1861 Navy under the tree, than I won't have a pair.  Without a pair, I would be hard pressed to compete in the Frontiersman catagory at Smoke in the Valley....
Major Matt Lewis

Ornery Orr

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 01:08:33 PM »
I have a horrible mental picture of Major Matt dancing around an aluminum pole scantily clad as one of Santas elves.  EEEWWWW!!

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 02:59:43 PM »
O.O. -

What you are envisoning is Major Matt practicing for the esteemed and ever popular "pee pee dance" in preparation for the 2006 GAF Muster. 

Offline US Scout

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 03:01:10 PM »
Well Bill,
.... Without a pair, I would be hard pressed to compete in the Frontiersman catagory....

True, very true!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ol Gabe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 04:31:13 PM »
Ah, Festivus...
Yes, dear friends, there are those of us that do celebrate the extra-curricular Holidays, complete with Poles and etc.
Alas, pictures are forbidden to be taken of those celebrating Festivus as they might be considered offensive and completely ridiculous to some, however, if the celebrant succumbs to a fall from Grace such as M.M. has devulged to this forum in such great and minutia-style detail, he has opened himself to a carte' blanche expose' of whatever appears, anytime, anyplace, any forum.
Hmmm...let's see, a pic of M.M. with a still-wrapped C&B held high in one hand and his 'New' rifle in the other with a platter of cookies in his lap and a sprig of Mistletoe dangling over his head...yep, that oughta do it, where's the camera!
Best regards and don't fret M.M., she'll understand...someday!
'Ol Gabe

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 04:43:54 PM »
Yer in real trouble now, Matt ...
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 05:18:22 PM »
Yep, John.  Festivus was my fav'rit character - 'specially when he an' Doc got into it !

OH ... FestUS ...  Never mind.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 06:28:14 PM »
Gabe,

Sounds like you just described the Ghost of Cowboy Christmas present.... :D

Ladies and Gentlemen of this esteemed forum...Just because I celebrate Festivus, I do not engage in pole dancing....however, as a much younger man, before my wife showed me the light (you know, the white light you see when you get hit with the frying pan), I did spend a few dollars on those who did engage in pole dancing.... 8) ;D
Major Matt Lewis

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 06:57:36 PM »
So Matt, I did not notice the specs anywhere.  Also have not see any real ads.

What caliber did you buy or did they have to offer?

What is the barrel length?

What is the wood/metal finish like?

Where did you find it? and Did they have anymore?

And now you will be getting me in trouble because I threatened to buy one when they came out, if the caliber/price was right.  Price was right for sure.  Good thing that Win87 shotgun has not fully hit the market or I really would be in big doodoo.

Thanks for the added info.

Black River Smith
Black River Smith

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 07:04:43 PM »
Ben,

I got the rifle in .45 LC.  The finish is a nice blue.  The stock and fore grip is a nice looking light walnut.  The barrel is long, the 26 inches, I believe.  I was told that the .357 and Carbine version would not be out until March, so that may mean June or October  ;)

Here you go Black...I picked it up at The Olathe Gunshop, for all you local Kansas City Pards....I believe I got the only one they had...He said they just took delivery of it yesterday morning and I snagged it yesterday afternoon....
Major Matt Lewis

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2005, 02:20:45 PM »
Ooooopppsss

Thanks

Black River Smith
Black River Smith

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com