Author Topic: Cimarron misfires need help  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cimarron misfires need help
« on: December 19, 2005, 02:00:49 PM »
I just bought a 7th cavaly 1873 and have been having misfires with it. With Win brass its failing to fire about 15 times out of a box, with Magtech brass its only misfiring about twice a box. There are light strikes on the primers when it happens. It does not have a hammer saftey and the hammer pin is not catching on the frame. When I dry fire it without the cylinder the firing pin smacks my finger nice and hard every time. I also stretched the mainspring a little and it feels very possitive. Has anyone else had infrequent light primer strikes with a Cimarron?

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Cimarron misfires need help
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 03:11:25 PM »
Galloway, if its a new gun, rather then mess wit it, call Cimarron about the problem. They'll probably pay to have it shipped back to them to be fixed.

I've also found that the problem could be primers that are not fully seated when reloading, especially on a progressive press. Did they fire after the first missfire?
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 04:55:51 PM »
Yes they did, and I made sure the were seated all the way on the second box. I afraid if I ship it back it wont misfire for them and they'll say its fine without running 50rds through it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:52:39 PM »

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 05:14:57 PM »
Galloway, I wouldn't worry about that so much. Just let them know how you discovered the problem and suggest they do the same. I guarantee you they don't won't a malfunction gun of theirs in the hands of a CAS shooter, their best customers.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com