Author Topic: Ruger old model Blackhawk .357 holster recommendations  (Read 747 times)

Offline QueensHorseman

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Ruger old model Blackhawk .357 holster recommendations
« on: November 21, 2020, 08:32:01 AM »
I'm looking for a belt holster for an old model .357 for field wear.  Undecided between strong side or cross draw.  I like how cross draw keeps the revolver out of the way of my rifle when hunting and is easy to access under a heavier coat.  Ideally, one holster could be used in both locations.  I've considered the Galco SAO which can be worn in both positions.  Not traditional but I'm really interested in security and comfort for this over anything else and I would like it to properly fit the smaller frame of the old model .357.

Any experiences or suggestions appreciated.  A holster designed for the newer, small frame flattops should work.

Thanks.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
Re: Ruger old model Blackhawk .357 holster recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 09:49:06 AM »
My choice is a Slim Jim design. I like them for just the reasons you mention. Because of the narrow loop on the back as opposed to the belt loop being made from the same piece as the back and simply folded down and attached with a loop or even sewn. They work well either as a strong side or a cross draw. Worn cross draw they still hand straight down but they are easy to get to. If you want to sit down, the Slim Jim doesn't restrict you because you can move them around a bit.

Slim Jim loop:

Folded belt loop:

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com