Author Topic: Money Belt, 2 Rugers, an Uberti and a TLA Improved #5  (Read 736 times)

Offline Hamburglar

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Money Belt, 2 Rugers, an Uberti and a TLA Improved #5
« on: September 06, 2020, 12:09:20 PM »
Made the belt a few years ago. Had to do a field repair on the chape last week so I have to redo it this weekend. Figure out how to remove the front chape rivet to reinforce with a piece of thin rawhide. Figured I might as well just trim/open and resew the whole belt length. Saddle-stitched with Kevlar thread. Leather is Sedgwick Bag Hide, woven loops are hard-rolled horsehide, secured with copper rivets on each end. Large-Frame .357 Vaqueros, installed Bisley Frames/Triggers and lower profile hammers. Berertta/Uberti 5" .38 Schofield and Improved #5 TLA in .44 Mag. Can't bring myself to shoot the TLA but the others are pretty accurate. I've made similar gunbelts since this one, but it's my first so it holds a special place in my heart even with the mistakes.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: Money Belt, 2 Rugers, an Uberti and a TLA Improved #5
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 01:07:14 PM »
That's a nice gun belt. Is that one of Will Ghormley's buckles on it? Looks good.

You don't see a TLA very often. I guess not many were made. You have a rare item, there. I probably wouldn't shoot it either.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Hamburglar

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 02:33:39 PM »
Good eye Marshal. It is indeed one of Mr. Ghormley's. I actually have another TLA Birdshead model but parts are impossible to come by if something breaks and there were some issues with hardening on some smaller parts.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:17:36 AM »

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 04:41:09 PM »
I have a couple of his buckles I am saving for the right project. One of each style. I like them a lot.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Hamburglar

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 05:02:02 PM »
Wow. Just checked his site. Should have bought a bunch more. They doubled in price. I've only got one Rectangular in Brass left. Made my first holster from his "Law Dog" pattern

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com