Author Topic: Miroku 150 Anniversary Model  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Steve S.

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Miroku 150 Anniversary Model
« on: June 10, 2016, 06:50:36 AM »
     I went the Navy Arns/ Turnbull 1873 path, was very dissapointed and sold the rifle; bought the Miroku Grade I model and continue to be extremely impressed with quality and function. As one would guess, there are no 150 Anniversary models to hold and look-see; the photos and descriptions on the Winchester site sound superb but I do not want to get burned again. Has anyone held this model and if so, what is your opinion? Is there another source to research this model other than the Winchester sight? Thanks.

Offline LB001

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Miroku 150 Anniversy Model
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 09:56:00 AM »
 I am also interested in this model. I contacted several chain stores and local gunshops. Not only didn't they have one on hand, they said their distributors had none either. No one would even take a deposit. I contacted Winchester customer service to learn who in my area (South East Florida) might have one or be able to get one. They couldn't help me. The only thing I was told is they will be delivered on a limited basis to some of the larger dealers.

Offline Steve S.

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Miroku 150 Anniversary Model
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 12:51:15 PM »
     LB001, they are starting to show up on the net (Guns America, Gun Broker) @ $2,995.00 - I just have to buy it to hold it. Like I stated, don't mind the $ but it has got to be quality - the Miroku (only) stuff seems to be of very good quality, I am guessing these models come straight from Miroku and are of that quality - I am also hoping that the stock finish is not the super-shiny acrylic stuff that Navy Arms used, more like the traditional finish. Thanks.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:10:48 AM »

Offline Steve S.

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 07:52:56 AM »
     LB001, after further reflection, I am going to wait (if it ever comes) for a simple, high-grade rifle in lieu of a "commerative"; I don't want the logo or the (what I call) the over embellishment (a little too much bling for me). I will stick with my Grade I for now and put a high-grade in .45 Colt on my wish list. I must say that the 150 Anniversary model is a beautiful thing - hope you get one. Good luck.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 09:38:30 AM »
I've handled both the 66 and 73 Anniversary Models.  The 66 is nice, but the 73 is drop deap gorgeous.

Offline LB001

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 11:37:19 AM »
Thanks for the photos. I want!

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 07:51:09 PM »
When ...... and IF ...... the Anniversary guns ever become available, first take yer Broker to lunch.  Make it a really GOOD lunch.  Yer
gonna need some serious folding money for one of those rifles.

Coffinmaker

Offline Steve S.

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 08:00:24 PM »
     WOW! The one I saw for sale on the net was $2995.00; not bad for all that bling and wood - lots of gun for that money - a prize for the buyer of this model - Miroku simply makes good stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com