Author Topic: 'The Hateful Eight'  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
'The Hateful Eight'
« on: January 02, 2016, 09:40:35 AM »
Happy New Year all! The wife and I spent it watching the Hateful Eight, so I figured I could share my 2 cents on it. On the whole, I enjoyed it. My biggest issue was you as the audience didn't get enough time to enjoy piecing together the 'whodunit' aspect of the film before it goes into that typical Tarantino gore palooza. Also a long film, close to three hours.

Good selection of hardware. A few Single Action Armies, the Remington Revolving carbine, a few Open Top type pistols, what looked like an 1877 double action (or SAA with '77 grips), What I believe were two Colt 1878 Double Actions, and a Spencer carbine, which showed up right before one of the more uncomfortable scenes in the film.

The easiest way to say it is this; It's a Tarantino flick. if you like Tarantino movies, you'll probably like this one. If you don't, I wouldn't recommend it.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline Kent Shootwell

• Top Active Citizen
  • Got whiskey, will stumble.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Re: 'The Hateful Eight'
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 08:42:56 PM »
At a shooting match today and one fellow there had seen it. He goes to most any show about the old west or mountain men. His opinion is it's much worse then any thing he had seen. Full male nudity, homosexual act, gruesome killing of women, and in general the theme was cowboys were filthy depraved low lives. His view but I won't bother to pay to see it.
Little powder much lead shoots far kills dead.
Member, whiskey livers
AKA Phil Coffins, AKA Oliver Sudden

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 472
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:38:58 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen ANY Tarantino movie where he doesn't try to convince you of the basic deplorable nature of Man.

I missed "Django Unchained" and haven't gotten around to viewing it yet. Someday I will, and no doubt will see "The Hateful Eight". But most likely when it's available on Amazon or Netflix.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:41:11 PM »

Offline Rye Miles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:52:58 PM »
Just saw it yesterday and I liked it. It's a typical Tarantino blood fest but there's a great plot and a "whodunnit" ending. I was going to boycott it because of Tarantino's remarks on cops but decided to support the very outspoken gun rights Kurt Russell and the fact it's a western. The more westerns we support the more they will come out with!

This movies has some rough language and it's very bloody. Just a warning!

Rye ::)
Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com