Author Topic: July Coffee and Grub  (Read 50347 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
Re: July Coffee and Grub
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2015, 03:10:42 PM »
Rant here ... >:(

Direct TV ... waited all week  for Tech to show up today @ 8 -10 AM ...he arrives a 1:30 PM - 3 1/2 hours late

Can't figured it out, is on his phone to someone the whole time he's here   Moron doesn't know whats wrong , say's it the wires  ::)  he tried  them pulling out !  
He has 12' or more feet  pulled , and we see the new Flat Screen & box  he's been working on inside almost fall to the floor... we grab the inside wires , and yell stop pulling !  you almost pull the TV  off the bookcase .
" Oh ! he said I didn't know it was still attached" ..... DUDE you just attached it !

So now we have , wires hanging off the Roof , 12 or more feet pulled from the crawl space scattered on the lawn
and still attached to the boxes inside
and all directions disconnected from the splinter box ....looks like spaghetti  ::)  

I ask him , do you have clue what you are doing ? ....I told him call and get someone here to that does !

He claims he did ...and someone is coming .... Bull !  

He leaves ...we call Direct TV ...another Tech. come's out tomorrow 8 AM here we go again

DIRECT TV Service SUCKS !
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2015, 03:54:59 PM »
From 1 Major to another,If you have Dish network available tell direct to pound sand and switch,I've had Dish for over 10 years and never had a problem with service when needed.They're cheaper than direct too.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2015, 05:56:15 PM »
+1
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 05:15:11 AM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2015, 06:06:28 AM »
We got Direct here, because that's the one that offers the Philippine network the wife wanted, Dish carried the wrong network. I don'tthing we have ever had to call them for anything, but then we never had lightning strike in the yard, either. I never watch it anyway, kids watch cartoons and she watches Philippine stuff a few tomes a week.

Now the satellite internets, THAT'S a whole different story......

I can say for certain, the day that ANYONE gets a fiber optic cable anywhere close enough to my house to get high speed internet, will be the day I call Excede (who did not exceed my expectations) to come get their junk.....

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2015, 06:46:19 AM »
We had cable and the company was sold and changes names & logos so often you need a handbook, just to know your provider of the month was.... literately  7 different providers in  one year  ::) same equipment , same crap....

Fired them, and got Direct in 2004 ,  had 4 rooms set up with boxes .... all wiring was run in 5' (foot) crawl space
and up into 3 bedrooms & the Kitchen ....this it the wiring the MORON was trying to pull out  from
the outside ...never detaching anything inside  :o

nearly pulled the brand new flat screen off on the floor , we yelled for him to stop !

HE said " Oh I did know it was still attached ! "    WTH !  you were just inside and connected the new boxes ... what do you mean you didn't know they were still attached ....

I told the IDIOT, "call your boss and get someone that has clue what he's doing,  out here now ! "

IDIOT mumbled " he has been on the phone with his boss ",  to my wife.

I said , call him back ...NOW , he tried to mumble something and I cut him off  " DO IT NOW ! " can you at least handle that ?

We already were on the line to CS @ Direct TV ourselves at this point...

We'll see,  they're  suppose to be here @ 8 AM this morning , that's 15 min. from now and we've had no call they are coming  >:(

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2015, 07:12:50 AM »
Good luck with that, M2! The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking, Enjoy!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2015, 07:18:52 AM »
That first cup went fast, It may be a 2 pot morning. Breakfast to follow later.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2015, 10:11:14 AM »
Up and running...turned out to be a in line Bandwidth box & a cable all above the floor  ::)

DIP STICK was gonna be ripping out cables.... If Direct TV is smart they'll  send this yahoo packing...  :-\   they won't though, I'll bet !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2015, 10:16:23 AM »
You can't fix STUPID! I had some Raisin Bran and a Bagel with Cream Cheese for Breakfast. It is time for another nap.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2015, 03:25:21 PM »
The weather has dried back up around here.  No rain for the foreseeable future.

Made the crab legs on the grill along with corn on the cob last night.  The cats and I dined on the patio.

Trying to decide if I should mow the lawn this afternoon or hold off until Wednesday.  I’m leaning toward Wednesday as it’s only the front part that is turning towards hay.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2015, 07:19:48 PM »
Evening y'all.
Took to kids to camp. Left at 11:30 AM. Got back at 10:25 PM.  ::)
I'll post some pics of the bridge across the Chippewa River we drove on.

T-storm early this morn dropped 1" of rain. T-storms moving thru now. Severe t-storm warning until 9 PM.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2015, 09:49:48 PM »
Evenin Y'all,Well I had a fun night,I just got back from the E.R.,it seems I have kidney stones,Let me tell those of you who have never had them,They HURT...A LOT!! They gave me some stuff to help pass them along with some Vicodin for pain.As they say,This too shall pass.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2015, 05:57:04 AM »
Maj EA, hope you get over that soon.

Rain's gone from here-now it's just another mid 90's day in the Ozarks-what was it we were complaining about the weather last week?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2015, 06:53:21 AM »
Hope the Meds break those up Major , and you're on the mend.

Back at work today, after the satellite fiasco ....  took the new guy 3 hours to  restore all the damage the IDIOT did  ::)
( that never needed fooling with )
The IDIOT was there 3 hours  Sunday to establish the mayhem.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2015, 06:59:11 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Hope they pass soon, Major.

'Tis 65, humid and cloudy. "Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the morning. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2015, 09:29:01 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. Major, I feel your pain with the Kidney stones. I just finished mowing the yards this morning before it got hot. Now, for a long nap.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »
Got ambitious this morning and decided to clean and polish the wood floors (kitchen, dining, hall and den).  Surprisingly my back isn’t bothering me.

Tomorrow’s it’s the green flooring outside the house.  It’ll wait until midafternoon.  Even though it might be a bit warmer, but the humidity will only be about 20% and the hay in the front will have a chance to dry out.

Planning on beef brisket, baked ‘tater and garlic bread for supper on the patio tonight.  Once it gets toward dark there should be a passel of bugs in the lawn for the cats to flush out.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2015, 11:34:45 AM »
Working on cleaning inside, got to 110 HI yesterday and going there today, cooling tomorrow, gonna haul brush out.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2015, 11:41:24 AM »
Well I got the back & side pastures mowed....Guy just charges $75 more than fair.
I do the acres around the house & barn and more often , as well .

' Sroom burger & lima's for lunch .....

expecting rain , and 91 for the high

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »
Friend of mine in Alsaka posted this a while ago.  A friend of his was late to work, heard a noise out in his yard and found this guy trying to steal his 4 Wheeler,  got his 30-06 and took care of the problem.   ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com