Author Topic: ** Photos Added ** Spencer Bullet Mould From Cast Bullet Engineering Australia  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Wolf Killer

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hello Lads,
I am still new to my Taylor's 56-50 Spencer carbine, and have been using the lyman mould, but looking for a better alternative. Please don't suggest the cut down Lee mould, I bought one of them from the fellow recommended here on the forum, what a worthless POS that turned out to be. a fourth of  bottom the lube groove was not cut away as it should have, all the index pins were damaged and mold would not close after the first casting, when I discovered the poor cutting job. But enough of that.

does anyone use the Spencer mould 512-340PB from Cast Bullet engineering in Australia? It looks like it might be a winner, with the two grease grooves and the nose profile leads me to believe it would be a reliable feeding bullet, also it is available in a double cavity mold . they also make another interesting mould listed as being for the .50 Remington the .515 310 PB the second photo

If you have experience with these bullets please comment as to feeding and accuracy as I would hate to take the chance on ordering one and go through the expensive shipping if it needed to be sent back for warranty or some other reason

Offline Two Flints

• Spencer Shooting Society Founder & Moderator
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Moderating SSS IS a "Labor of Love"!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: SPENCER BULLET MOULD FROM CAST BULLET ENGINEERING
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 06:32:31 AM »
Hello Wolf Killer,

You might want to PM Herbert, who lives in Australia for any comments he might have regarding the Cast Bullet Engineering moulds they offer.

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk