Author Topic: Just got finished ***  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Pangaea

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Just got finished ***
« on: April 07, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »
Just finished reading all the posts (most of them) from the oldest to the newest on this forum.  Trying to learn as much as I could about all the USFA's I have bought and all the ones to be bought in the future.  I have learned a number of things:

If you pay more than what some people think is what one of these is worth you're, shall we say, "stupid".  That fits me to a tee.

It was interesting to see the posts as the history of USFA evolved until its ultimate demise.  I wish I had gotten the bug a lot sooner.  I would of have saved a ton of money.  I could still save money if these people would quit bidding against me.   :)

Seriously, though, I have learned many of the differences in these weapons, although it seems from the number of alterations made to many of them, it may be difficult for a non-expert such as myself to distinguish original from modified.  All I can say, is, I've never bought one that I did not think was a work of art.  The all American ones are much nicer, but not to the n'th degree.  I do love the Omnis.

Yahoody and Whatwouldyousay are two of the nicest gentlemen I have ever dealt with on any forum.  I know there is a great deal of contention between the Colt and USFA lovers.  I will say, there is one page of USFAs on GB and fourteen of Colt (SAA search).  Quite a difference.  Of course Colt has been in business a very long time.  Kind of what I like about the USFAs, not so much to have to learn. 

Anyway, I hope to learn more from the far more knowledgeable people here than I will ever know.  As long as the wife does not cut off my funding, I hope to continue my quest for these extraordinary, made from solid steel, beautifully crafted sidearms.

Philip   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com