Author Topic: Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up  (Read 183454 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2015, 04:06:01 PM »
Friday is our pizza night, usually. It looks like we will be having our first winter storm this weekend. The entree will change to Stew, Vegetable Beef soup, Jambalaya, or Chili. Another good night to sit by the fire.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2015, 06:05:13 PM »
Pork chops, those small canned potatoes, and a salad for us.

Currently 10 with a -3 WC. Snow is supposed to start shortly ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2015, 06:53:43 PM »
It ain't gonna be in the top three but it was right good. I'll know what ta do next time. She's lettin' another bowl full cool down now. 'Nuff'll be left for a couple lunches.

As usual gonna be lookin' at an early start tomorrow. Federal jury duty comin'. Went thru clothes today. Got one dress shirt that fits. Good on on slacks. Belt has one notch left over. Got a new pair of elastic suspenders still in the package. Brushed the dust off a pair of dress shoes, feel okay. Got the tie right the first time. Herringbone jacket'll be good, ain't gotta button it. If I did it could be a problem. Bought the overcoat a bit big 'n it fits fine. Go to Sam's tomorrow for dope. Pick up a couple shirts while I'm there. Might hafta go to a funeral or somethin' sometime.

Couple hunks of cheese then it's rack time.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 09:46:48 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2015, 10:22:49 PM »
Did a Federal call up once long time ago , wasn't seated though....
 Civil on the other hand , seemed like they had me on a Rolodex , they'd summon me for duty in Nov-Dec.
every year for about 6 years running....
They have skipped over me now a coupla years.

Dress wise, they get what I got "shirt sleeves"  , aside from my 19th century Frock , no dress coat  ::) and no suit either
 , unless I count the Black  Leather blazer ...
 read "My Cousin Vinny "  ;)

Judge Chamberlain Haller: What are you wearing?
Vinny Gambini: Huh?
Judge Chamberlain Haller: What are you wearing?
Vinny Gambini: [wearing a black leather jacket] Um... I'm wearing clothes.
[the Judge angrily stares ominously at Vinny]
Vinny Gambini: I... I don't get the question.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: When you come into my court looking like you do, you not only insult me, but you insult the integrity of this court!
Vinny Gambini: I apologise, sir, but, uh... this is how I dress.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Fine. I'll let you off this one time. The next time you appear in my court, you will look lawyerly. And I mean you comb your hair, and wear a suit and tie. And that suit had better be made out of some sort of... cloth. You understand me?
Vinny Gambini: [not comprehending] Uh... yes. Fine, Judge, fine.
   ;D
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2015, 05:10:36 AM »
6 AM coffee is on,
today has warmed up to 44° and they say rain , calling for 65° high , that's multi-cup morning in my book.

Headed in to the work 20, y'all have good day  :)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2015, 05:13:48 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

L'il warmer taday. Should be back ta normal by Sunday.

“Appropriate attire for jurors is clothing which would be worn for a personal business meeting (no blue jeans, shorts, or T-shirts.)”

That's kinda broad. Guess I have ta satisfy me. A few on the jury in a capital murder trial (Barnabei) some years ago were kinda disgustin'.

Might show the defense I'm ready ta hang their client 'n set me free. Never did have ta go to court for the commonwealth. Hope I ain't gotta do nothin' but check daily on this fed thing.

Make my runs, spend money 'n take a l'il time tryin' find a bird bearin' construction materials.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2015, 06:14:49 AM »

“Appropriate attire for jurors is clothing which would be worn for a personal business meeting (no blue jeans, shorts, or T-shirts.)”

That'd leave me with a problem-all I have is jeans. I even got married in jeans! My best pair, at the time. Guess I have some 19th century type stuff, but it's still the 19th century version of work clothes.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2015, 06:55:14 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis -4 and clear. WC -22. "Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly sunny. Considerable blowing and drifting snow in the morning. A chance of flurries in the morning. Highs zero to 5 above. West wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Wind chills to 25 below zero."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2015, 06:58:56 AM »
Mornin Y'all, got about an inch of the evil white stuff on the ground with up to 3 more expected, 19 degrees with a high of 28.Have to drive mu daughter in to w**k soon ,Y'all have a good one.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2015, 07:22:08 AM »
That's my issue too... I have Jeans & Chino's , casual button down shirts & my 19th Century stuff which is my Sunday go to meeting NCOWS convention stuff.

Truth be known, I'm NOT fond of the jury selection process, The county (historically) has it as about distasteful as the little security natzi could make it.... what with 0 parking available, had to be at a parking location @ 7 AM to be bused  to the court house by 7:30 for an 8: AM court time  ...
Basically striped searched , remove shoes, belt , all items in pockets, and wanded....
Marched to holding room

If you were released, you were on you own to get back to your parked car , some 7 miles away ! Or a 15 min. video was presented , on why you should be GLAD to serve  ::)  all the time you lose a day's pay or more and
get $15 a day , paid in about 6 weeks hence.
If you do have to stay beyond lunch , you can't leave, and they have a cold packaged sandwich machine, with those wedge packaged white bread crap, who knows how old ? !

No I'm not a fan...nor a happy camper... perhaps more inclined to hang someone....

Add that to the idea I have to go buy a dress jacket or suit just for them ! ....  ::)  negative !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2015, 08:21:24 AM »
All I have is my 19th century clothes, could wear the frock, Terry did that a few years ago and got picked.   ;D

Course a few years ago I sold such an outfit to a county PA out west along I-80, said he needed a flash and awe outfit for when the caught a drug runner and he brought in a city slicker lawyer, said it messed up those fancy pants to have to look at him.   ;)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »
Just got reports from some friends of mine, 200 Years later they whooped the Bloody British again. ;D

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2015, 12:21:52 PM »
On the 'broad' note, consider the fella was out here yestitty puttin' flyers on doors for yard werk. The ole boy needs a new piece of equipment. Ain't thinkin' he's goin' ta Land 'n Coates ta negotiate a deal onna used zero-turn wearin' a jacket, starched shirt, slacks 'n a tie. It's sure as heck a business meetin'. He's gonna be in work clothes. That, in 'n of itsownself, is equally broad cuz when I was workin' I had ta be wearin' a jacket, slacks 'n a tie. I could get by without the starched shirt if I wanted. Just long's as it had all the buttons 'n didn't look like I slept in it. The stuff was 'work clothes.'

Fed is $40.00 a day, 56¢ a mile round trip – 'bout $17.00, any 'n all tolls paid – don't apply ta me - 'n $13.00 a trip for parkin' what's 'cross the street from the court buildin'. The buildin's the one ya see on the news when they're perp-walkin' a pirate ta the transport vehicle for a ride to their new home. Same one I was in when I was sued for $3 million.

Werse part's the travel. The gun shop is 746 Granby, the court 600 Granby. When I quit my office was at Brooke 'n Granby or what might as well be 200 Granby. I leave for the shop when I go 'bout 0930. Gotta be in court at 0900. The traffic at that hour is fully 50% of why I quit. Werse now than it was then.

Ennyways....

Got a couple serviceable shirts it Sam's < $25.00. Didn't see a bird. Last of the Vegetable Beef Soup's went away for lunch. Ain't sure it was 'nuff. Thinkin' on some Chicken Orzo for desert. Decide when the bottle of O'Doul's is empty.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2015, 03:50:33 PM »
I got the call about an hour ago I've been dreading, Steve Summers aka Stu Kettle passed away this morning.   It looks like the funeral will be Wed afternoon, Pitspiter and I are planning on going to represent The Grand Army of the Frontier.   

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2015, 04:18:14 PM »
Del, Please extend my condolences to his family,Vaya con Dios Stu
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2015, 04:41:33 PM »
Please pass on my sympathies to his Wife & loved ones  :'(

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2015, 05:11:02 PM »
My prayers and sympathies to his Wife & loved ones.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2015, 06:41:51 PM »
The post I've been dreading. Thanks for passing the word.

Pass my condolences to the family too, Del. I'll be praying for their strength and comfort.

Heaven's posse is greater by one. Rest well, Stu.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2015, 08:07:12 PM »
Stu's pain has been ended. RIP my friend.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2015, 11:12:23 PM »
We had Tamales, rice, Charro beans, queso, and guacamole for supper tonight. The tamales were homemade. It was all good

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com