Author Topic: Ever do anything Historic?  (Read 5159 times)

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ever do anything Historic?
« on: June 13, 2004, 07:08:43 PM »
Something like nabbing Ted Bundy, Son of Sam or O.J.??

Well my list of historic events includes:

I was just hired on by the Atlanta PD and was waiting for the academy to start a few weeks later. So I was working admin type stuff taking missing persons reports and the like.

Then one night I was told to report at 11 PM for a "Special Assignment." Without any explaination, I was give a radio and told to wait in the parking lot for my ride out to the "assignment".

The partol car arrived, I got in and the Parolman drove off. BTW, did I mention that I was unarmed since I had not yet gone to Academy? So I only had a radio.

Anyway, the Partrolman told me I would be dropped at the Ebinizer Church and I was to "guard" the box all night until relieved at 7a.m.

The "box" turned out to be Martin Luther King! :o Earlier that day he had been relocated from the cemetary where he had been buried some time before and was to be placed in a tomb at the church.

So here I am, in a part of town that I was too welcomed (this was January 1970) "guarding" a very famous and politically charged deam man...

To make a long story short, it was a very very long night. ;)

In the following months and years I had the opportunity to arrest a few famous individuals including one that was posted in a very high positon by Jimmy Carter  >:(. But that a different story.
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Re: Ever do anything Historic?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 11:06:44 AM »
I Extraditied a prisoner back from Louisana one time wanted for Capital Murder.  I got a phone call a couple of weeks later to find out that "The Star" , a tabiloid had taken our Picture .  A friend noticed my picture while reading the rag in line at the grocery store. :o ::) :-\
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Cutwires Al

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 07:12:59 AM »
I went into our local river trying to get 2 elderly folks out of their submerged car a few years back....Unfortunately it was WAy too late for those poor folks by the time we were able to get Divers in the water...My Captain tried to rope me into an interview with the newsies, but I refused...the Newsie just couldnt grasp the fact that While we DID do our best,  they died..there WAS no story.  I DID manage to get a rather "Interesting" Upper respitory infection from the river though....Coughing up green goop with red and brown streaks through it is BAD!!!!!!!!!!
"Give a mouse a cookie, and next he'll want a glass of milk...Mice are Such bastards!!
SASS #47223
SBSS#1049  Assistant Media Bumfoozler, Support Staff, OGB 6-26-04
BOLD #272
Warthog Anti-Tank Squadron
PROUD Member of PETA "People Eating Tasty Animals

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:48:40 PM »

Offline B. Butch Cavendish

• Very Active Citizen
    • Arizona Cowboy shooters Association
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 11:42:46 AM »
 Caught a guy that was wanted on a quadruple homicide, After about a 1o min fight I stoped trying to cuff him and just wanted to beat his brains in. Turned out he was a big drug dealer. Arested a guy that had stabed another guy with my bare hands. "Younger stronger then." Finish d 1st place in a couple of shoot outs. cleared.  SAved a guy from drowning in a large paint vat. "A long story."  I was a minor league lawdog. Asist. town Marshall in an unincorpt. town. , Arizona Rangers, and did some skip traceing down here along the boarder.
Butch Cavendish was the first lone Ranger bad guy. Arizona Rangers, Sons of confederate veterans, William Clarke Quantrill Society. Outlaw, lawdog, merchant, mercenary, Preacher. "Too mean to forgive, Too mad to forget."

Offline Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Speed Junky
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 02:43:04 AM »
yep, but can't figure out how to make it read politically correct! ;D
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Patron