Author Topic: September's coffee & conversation is up  (Read 146492 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: September's coffee & conversation is up
« Reply #380 on: September 20, 2014, 10:34:31 AM »
Slim, Send some of that rain down here, we could sure use it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #381 on: September 20, 2014, 12:25:13 PM »
Rain..we gots it ...leftovers from a weak cold front and the hurricane that crossed Baja.
been gray , swollen , misting off and on all day, stared last evening....

Just got home from my Saturday repast with my shooting pard, the venue for today was Chile's.

Darkening out ( well darker anyway ) looks like another rain is about come down....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #382 on: September 20, 2014, 03:03:51 PM »
Chili's is always a good choice. I had toast and more Cawffee for breakfast and leftover pizza for lunch. No clue for supper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #383 on: Today at 06:13:47 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #383 on: September 20, 2014, 04:29:28 PM »
Got some goodies and a beverage on. Watching Gators vs Tide. Pretty even match at the hałf
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #384 on: September 20, 2014, 07:03:31 PM »
Final preparations for tonight's hunting escapade almost complete.  Rifle's ready, bag packed, truck gassed.  All that's left is the hour until we head out.

Let the games begin.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: September 21, 2014, 05:56:50 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. enjoy!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2014, 06:19:39 AM »
Thanks Jim

Rain is gone, fine clear cool morning won't last though will have heat & humid back before long.

"She" made a beef stew last night, first since last season.  tasted mighty good.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2014, 06:23:46 AM »
Mornin'.

Decent now, too warm later. Got some spittin' sprinkles goin' on. Hope it clears out for the folks plannin' on Oceana. Tomorrow's fall.

Stuff from yestitty left o'er to do. Kinda relate to manual labor. That's why they're left o'er. Reckon I'll get to 'em 'fore 1300. Can't be sure tho.

Figger out din-din while I'm werkin' my fingers ta the bone.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: September 21, 2014, 06:46:56 AM »
Another nice start to the day.  I believe someone missed the importance of  this day...

I have had enough football for one week.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2014, 07:31:36 AM »
I believe someone missed the importance of  this day...

Yeah. It's Jay Ward's birthday.

Got the grand prix thing on in place of Sunday mornin' infomercials. Ain't like the redneck stock car drivers. Them's sophisticated 'nuff to leave plenty of room between 'em so they won't scratch the paint. If I keep watchin', maybe one'll pass another.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #390 on: September 21, 2014, 07:35:01 AM »
Yeah. It's Jay Ward's birthday.

Got the grand prix thing on in place of Sunday mornin' infomercials. Ain't like the redneck stock car drivers. Them's sophisticated 'nuff to leave plenty of room between 'em so they won't scratch the paint. If I keep watchin', maybe one'll pass another.

Just spit coffee thru my nose-
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #391 on: September 21, 2014, 09:01:27 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Went to my cousins wedding yesterday. Good time.

Rained overnight. 'Tis 53 and overcast. "Cooler. Cloudy in the morning then becoming partly sunny. A chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #392 on: September 21, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »
Mornin' y'all. 

I watched football for the first time in a while yesterday.  Watched the Montana State vs EWS (Eastern Wyoming?  never did figure that out. ::) ).   MSU lost 52-53.  But it was a good game.

Deer hunting last night was uneventful.  Didn't see nothin'.  Saw a lot of does in town, and a buck back at home, but nothing in a place we could shoot.  Oh well, only opening day.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: September 21, 2014, 11:18:39 AM »
I see a lot of two legged doe's in town- oh deer did i lower myself to a cheap play on that one. ;)
Mathew 5.9

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #394 on: September 21, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »
Crab and Kabobs came out great on Friday.  Have Pictures, but part of the software lost is the one that allows me to resize pictures.

Grilled chicken, grilled corn on the cob and leftover Kabobs last night.

It’s trying like heck to rain on us, nut the mountains to the West of us an the mountains to the North of us are doing too good a job of blocking the wet stuff.  They should apply to the NFL!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: September 21, 2014, 04:11:45 PM »
Grilled burgers, Baked beans, and Potato salad for supper tonight. No rain this weekend.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: September 21, 2014, 08:48:28 PM »
Russ little jealous of the menu.

I have been roasting/ grilling red beets this summer. It makes them much tastier to eat. I'd love to have a outdoor kitchen
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #397 on: September 21, 2014, 08:51:02 PM »
Speaking of tater salad, we had a discussion of it elesewhere, I've been tolt by many I make good tater salad, don't know, don't eat none of those things called salad that ain't mostly green leafy stuff, but I did write down my recipe for folks.

Potatoe Salad.

Use some cold boil't taters chopped up, add what ever you think would be good to that and then take some mayo and add what you think would be good with mayo over cold, chopped boiled taters and what ever else you added to them. mix will in a bowl, cover and take to a picnic and let cook in the sun for several hours. There, now you have a recipe for tater salad. :P
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #398 on: September 21, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »
Evenin Y'all, well the NY state SASS championship is in the books, Miz Tricky Trina won her category as wall as Ladies Pocket pistol  & Derringer, Missouri Marshal was 3rd in his. I had a problem with my rifle not wanting to feed factory .38 special and didn't figure it out until the 3rd stage, which put me out of the awards.But I did do a lot better than last year,I was 93rd overall and 13th in category,last year I was 112th overall and 22nd in category.Hope to do better next year.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2014, 06:01:02 AM »
Seems like everybody's sleeping in this morning, so I'll build up the fire and put some water on to heat.Kind of need the fire this morning, computer tells me it's only 48 deg outside. Was a bust weekend, barely had time to shoot, fired some test rounds from the Portugese Kropatschek I bought a few weeks ago, Bullets went about where I thought they should, and holes were round this time, so I guess my home "re-crowning" job helped (done with a 1/4 flat head screw, some valve grinding compound and a drill). Had the airshow, wife's Philippine friends get together on sat, and then after church, we took my #1 daughter to her first school friend's birthday party. Mowed some grass after and then the weekend was over :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com