Author Topic: Anything Could Happen  (Read 108045 times)

1stSgt Fritz King

Re: Anything Could Happen
« Reply #400 on: August 13, 2006, 05:37:12 PM »
In all the commotion of kissing, yelling and gunfire, no one noticed the detachment of cavalry that rode up.  There were eight in all, riding matching mounts.

"Dismount!"  the voice of Corporal Anson Williams sounded lound and clear.

Fritz turned and saw the men move.  It must've been the fort's honor guard.  They were all in dress uniform.  He noticed that the style had changed, again.  His uniform was based on the french design, whereas theirs were more prussian.  They wore helmets with horsehiar plumes.  All carried Ames sabers in polished scabbards.

One man held hitched horses, and the rest moved in columns of twos towards the fountain.

"Halt!"  Willis called the men to face.  They faced inboard.  "First Sergeant King!"

Fritz saw movement at his side.  Grey Eagle was ready to bolt.  Fritz put out his hand.

"Corporal Willis!  What's your purpose here today?"

"Colonel Troutman sends his compliments, though he can't be here today."

"You aren't searching for hostiles?"

Willis smiled.  "Sir, as far as I know, there are no hostiles here today."

Grey Eagle relaxed.  Fritz smiled.

Wllis gave the command to "Draw...Swords!"

The sabers cleared their scabbards, the tips meeting in the air.

'Sleep and Becca moved out, walking beneath the sabers towards the crowd.  Fritz took Scarlet's arm and led her through the arch.  The end troopers dropped the tips of their sabers across their path.

Willis saluted with his saber and said, "Mrs. King, welcome to the family of the United States Cavalry."

The men lifted their sabers, allowing the couple to pass.  As Scarlet past Willis, he struck her smartly across the buttocks with the flat of the blade.

"Ouch!!!"

'Becca giggled.  "Payback is sooo sweet!"

Scarlet looked at Willis, then at Fritz.

"It's a tradition, dear," he said.  The crowd laughed; Johnny, a bit harder than most.

"Well, you could've warned me!"

Fritz kissed her hand.  "Now where's the fun in that?" 

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #401 on: August 13, 2006, 10:28:49 PM »
The reds and purples of the sky gave way to the full yellow moon, both which reflected breathtakingly in the waters of the fountain. The big moon lit the gardens and courtyard up enough few lanterns were needed. The music of the band that had set up in the courtyard could be heard throughout the house mixed with laughter and the sounds of happiness.

Johnny was surprised when he saw Grey Eagle Waltz with Scarlet then with Rebecca, but he figured he shouldn’t have been. Grey Eagle studied with his friends as well as they had studied with him.

Bo grinned at Fritz as he took Scarlet’s hand. “I think it’s a good thing you married her when you did.” He said taking her back out to the dance floor.
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Elegant Ella

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #402 on: August 14, 2006, 03:55:38 PM »
Once the party was well underway, Ella tried to leave to check on her patients.  Mrs. Whirly caught her before she escaped.

After a few minutes of polite conversation, Ella excused herself, "I need to check on my patients before they settle down to sleep."

Mrs. Whirly asked, "Could I walk with you?  I've heard about your infirmary from Rose and would love to see it for myself."

Ella nodded, "I'm always glad to show it off." 

The conversation on the way to the infirmary would have sounded like an interrogation if not for the sweetness of her voice and phrasing.  Mindful of Rose's advice, Ella tried to answer confidently instead of humbly. 

It looked like Sean had raided the kitchen on behalf of the patients, probably with assistance from T.J.'s wife.  Everyone was in the large ward, eating supper and talking.  Ella suspected that a couple bottles of wine were contributing to the jollity. 

Ella explained to Mrs. Whirly, "The ones in traction have bones that were broken by bullets.  Until the bullet wound heals cleanly, I don't want to hide it under a cast." 

After Ella had toured the room, joking with patients while she checked wounds, she showed Mrs. Whirly the surgery, the small ward and her office with its shelves full of medicine jars.  "I have an herb garden, and am trying to grow most of what is routinely needed.  I can order dried herbs, but it's hard to be sure how pure or strong what I get would be."
Elegant Ella

Advertising

« Reply #403 on: Today at 08:44:41 AM »

1stSgt Fritz King

« Reply #403 on: August 15, 2006, 04:37:30 PM »
Fritz was still amazed by how well Scarlet and Bo moved together.  He'd have to get Bo to teach him the moves.  He'd never been much of a dancer.  Fritz had to do some dancing at Jefferson Barracks.  It was his social duty.  He'd never really enjoyed it.  But now, he had the perfect partner.

"I'd like that dance now, Mr. Fritz."

Candy had approached him while he watched the dance floor.  She looked stunning of course.

"Hello Miss Candy.  I like you.  So I'm gonna do you one better."

"I don't know," she replied.  "You're a tough act to follow."

He smiled.  "See that man over there, with the stripes?" 

"Yes.  He's handsome."

"As a matter of fact," Fritz replied, "that's his nickname...'Handsome' Anson Willis."

"Um-hmmm..."

"And Miss Candy...he needs the love of a good woman." 

Candy looked down.  "Fritz, I'm not a good woman...I'm a wh..."

Fritz lifted her chin.  "Candy, you ARE a good woman." 

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: August 15, 2006, 08:32:32 PM »
Candy smiled she appreciated his views and he seemed to be sincere but that wouldn’t change what she was in her mind.

“With a nickname like that seems to me Mr. Willis can find his own woman. Perhaps a night I am working I could see to it he gets the kind of attention I can provide, but I am not working tonight. I don’t bite Fritz….well that’s extra and like I said I’m not working.” She teased.

Fritz was about to say something when Candy changed tactics on him. 

“Besides if you turn me down just for a dance, wouldn’t look like I was a very good woman to Mr. Willis would it?” She said coyly.
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

1stSgt Fritz King

« Reply #405 on: August 15, 2006, 10:11:24 PM »
"Damn...I guess I'll just have to dance with the beautiful lady then!"

Fritz took Candy by the arm, and led her to the dance floor.  The band had started a rather lively Virginia Reel, and they were up to the challenge.  What they lacked in talent, they made up for in enthusiasm.  The dance left them breathless and laughing...and dangerously close to one another.

"Ahhh...well...I think I should get back to my wife, Miss Candy."  Fritz bowed deeply.  "It was a pleasure.  Thanks for insisting." 

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: August 16, 2006, 03:39:31 PM »
Candy executed the most graceful low curtsy, it was the first time in many years she’d had an excuse to use anything she’d learned from the school for ladies her father had sent her to. 

“You are quite welcome Mr. King, both Scarlet and Rebecca are very lucky to have found men such as Marshal Ross and yourself.”  She said with a smile. “Now perhaps I will go see if Mr. Willis will introduce himself.”

Candy made her way to the punch bowl making sure she passed right by Corporal Willis, smiling a friendly acknowledgment of his existence, as she did. 

1stSgt Fritz King

« Reply #407 on: August 16, 2006, 04:51:34 PM »
As he hadn't made a complete fool of himself, Fritz walked up and tapped Bo on the shoulder.

"Excuse me sir, but I'm cutting in."

"But  of course, Sergeant," Bo replied, sweeping the air with his hand.

Over his shoulder, he said to Scarlet, "go easy on him."

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: August 16, 2006, 08:06:45 PM »
Scarlet chuckled at Bo’s comment then moved easily into the arms of her friend, lover and husband. The way she smiled and her eyes lit up when she looked at Fritz left no doubt in anybody’s mind Scarlet was right where she wanted to be.

As they danced slow and close Scarlet pulled his hand to her chest, he could feel her chin slightly touching it.  The fingers of her other hand had moved from his shoulder to the back of his neck. He could feel her tracing them lightly through his hair. 

1stSgt Fritz King

« Reply #409 on: August 16, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »
His hand rested on her chest, over her heart.  He could feel it beating...or was it his own?  Did it matter?
All he knew was he was in love, and that was all that mattered.  As they moved slowly across the floor, Fritz knew that all eyes were upon them.  But right now, the universe sparkled in her eyes, and they held his.

"I love you Scarlet," he whispered. 

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: August 21, 2006, 11:01:36 PM »
Scarlet’s lips brushed softly against his. Since the day she’d brushed the hair from the back of his neck Fritz knew her touch carried a great deal of emotion. Her kiss had been light and tender yet it held a great deal of fire and passion.

“I love you too.”  Scarlet said.

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: August 22, 2006, 02:53:29 PM »
Tensleep and Rebecca tried to slip out of the door unnoticed. They knew they were unsuccessful as a large group followed after them making loud various noises.

“Now might be a good opportunity to slip away."  Scarlet said just loud enough for Fritz to hear.
"When are you going to tell me where we are going?”

1stSgt Fritz King

« Reply #412 on: August 23, 2006, 06:19:26 PM »
"Allright," Fritz whispered.  "Let's go."

He took his bride by the hand, and led her away from the fountain, towards their waiting horses.  Grey Eagle handed over the reins, smiling

"Do I 'hold them off'?"

Fritz grabbed his friend's shoulder.  "You can try!"

Scarlet gained her side saddle and said "Come on, Lucky!"

They were off at a gallop, but Bo saw them depart.

"There they go!  Get 'em!!!"

Bo drew his LeMat and fired a few shots in the air to gain attention.  Soon, everyone followed suit.  Men and women alike dashed to thier horses.

Strider and Lucky flew through the moonlit night, their riders laughing.  Not far behind were heard rebel yells and war whoops, and galloping hooves.  The occasional pistol shot echoed across the hiils.

"Where are we going?" Scarlet called over the din.

"Follow me!" Fritz replied.  "I know a place where we can hole up!"

Scarlet knew the paths and trails they were taking.  She'd cut them herself.

As they came over the rise, Scarlet reined in.

She was home.  Again.  Her home.

It wasn't as she'd left it.  The house wasn't dead.  It'd been brought back to life through love.  The windows were scrubbed clean.  There were new drapes hanging from the sills.  A fire burned in the fireplace.  Smoke drifted lazily from the chimney.  Lanterns had been placed along the path to the doorstep.  Fritz dismounted, and tied his reins to the rail.  Scarlet's hands stood by the front door.

"Welcome home, Miss Scarlet," they said.

"Boys," Fritz replied, "the name's Mrs. King now."       

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: August 24, 2006, 03:34:09 PM »
It seemed like a thousand different emotions were washing over Scarlet as she sat looking at the scene before her. This would have been the last place she would have dreamed Fritz would bring her, the last place she would have suggested.

Scarlet glanced at him then back at the house. She wanted to ask Fritz what they were doing here but it was pretty obvious. She wanted to ask him whose idea it had been, but she had a couple of good ideas.

“Welcome Home.” She’d heard the words, she wasn’t sure if she responded with a thank you or not. This wasn’t her home any more, hadn’t been for some time; she wasn’t the person who used to live here anymore.

She could remember the last time she’d been in the house. It was a painful reminder of who she used to be and the person she could never be again. It was dusty and rundown, in need of a lot of attention, much like she figured she was when Fritz found her. There had been a cold stillness in the air, the same coldness that seemed to occupy the house since the day she’d left, even in the middle of summer.

Scarlet slightly tipped her head. Looking through the window she could see through the house. She wasn’t the same person at all, and like her, there seemed to be changes in this place. Things had been moved or removed. The drapes that were hanging were completely different than what had been there before, different lamps on the tables, she recognized some of her favorite ones she had in her room at the Ace. Still there was something else different she couldn’t place.

Scarlet backed Lucky up, turned him and rode slowly around the house coming to a stop on the opposite side. She could see the bunkhouse; someone had even repaired and painted it since she’d been here last. The barn was under way of repair, it had always been kept fit for stock as the hands used it, but somebody had taken the time to start repairing some of the broken boards. Her attention went back to the house, there were windows and shutters where there had been solid wall before, she smiled slightly.

She listened for the familiar sounds; the deafening stillness of death was missing, voices that haunted her from the past were gone. They had been replaced with the sound of the running creek and the sound of the rustling leaves of the trees. The hoof beats of Buddy as he trotted along the fence line of the corral and the soft nicker that greeted his stable mate.

Scarlet wondered if she could really be happy here again. She wasn’t really sure what to say to Fritz but she could hear his footsteps coming up behind her. 

1stSgt Fritz King

« Reply #414 on: August 24, 2006, 09:08:28 PM »
“Bo and I got started awhile back,” Fritz said.  “But due to the ‘recent unpleasantness,’ I’m sure Jimmy and Mom had a good hand in it.”

Scarlet smiled at the remark.  Johnny had obviously been ‘rubbing off’ on her husband.

Fritz held out his hand, and gently put his hand on Lucky’s flank.  The stallion looked at Fritz, and then to his mistress, who nodded.  Lucky consented to the touch.

Scarlet unhooked her leg from the sidesaddle, and slid down into his arms.

“Fritz, I’m not sure…”

He took her hand and led Scarlet to the front door.

“Darlin, I hold the title, but this is YOUR home.  It always has been.  Maybe you thought it was too broken down…maybe you thought you were too broken to make it a home.”

He looked in her eyes.

“But with love and hard work, anything can be fixed.”

They looked in the open door.  It was warm and inviting.

“Now,” he asked, “may I carry you across the threshold?”   

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: August 24, 2006, 09:55:12 PM »
She looked back into his eyes.  He’d learned to read her thoughts too, some time ago, and just seemed to be getting better at it. There was a certain comfort in that.

“Fritz, MY home is on Lucky’s back.”

She looked inside again. The place really looked good. She trusted him with her heart, if he thought this would make a good home for them she would trust that too.

She smiled and kissed him sweetly.

“I would be happy for you to carry me across the threshold if this is to be OUR home.”

1stSgt Fritz King

« Reply #416 on: August 24, 2006, 10:11:02 PM »
He scooped his love up into his arms, and together, they entered their home. 

"Boys, don't wait up!" 

Fritz smiled as he kicked the door closed with his boot.

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: August 24, 2006, 10:49:42 PM »
Scarlet laughed softly and slightly blushed at the remark followed by the whoops and a few remarks of the men as they walked away.

They shared a very passionate kiss as Fritz carried her across the floor to their bedroom.  Holding her close he sat on the edge of the bed, causing the room to echo with hundreds of different jingleing tones.

Their eyes flew open in surprise at the sound of the noise which was followed by more laughter and a couple of more comments meant to make the couple blush.

“What was that?” Scarlet whispered as the different tones finally stopped.

1stSgt Fritz King

« Reply #418 on: August 25, 2006, 11:05:48 PM »
"Hold on," Fritz replied.  He dropped to his knees and looked under the bed.  He began to chuckle.

Scarlet asked "What is it?"

"There are harness bells tied up, still attached to the leather pieces.  There are cow bells, jingle bells on a string, christmas bells, bells from Rose's garden gate...in fact, I bet there isn't another bell available in the county." 

Fritz sat up, and noticed with satisfaction that Scarlet had begun unbuttoning he wedding gown.  Her throat was bare, and her decolatage' was stunning.

"Ah...you don't happen to have a knife in there, do you?"

Scarlet reached into the open top of her corset, and pulled a small, bone handled skinning knife.

"A gift from Daddy," she replied.

Handing it over, Fritz went to work on the bed's undercarriage.  The snickering continued outside. 

He came up with a fancy bell that had been engraved with their names and thier wedding date.  Scarlet leaned forward to look at the bell.  Fritz noticed her...corset.  It was dark and sky blue, laced with yellow.

"Cavalry colors..."   

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: August 26, 2006, 09:57:37 AM »
Scarlet grinned. “A gift from Rebecca and mom.  Seems they altered one of your uniforms.”

She looked closer at the fancy bell. “We’ll have to remember to thank Jimmy for this, it’s very beautiful. And a special thanks to where he placed it.” She chuckled.  “And I’m sure you can guess whose idea it was.” She said picking up the biggest leather strip of bells.

Scarlet stood up, her dress slid to the floor along with the multiple layers of undergarments that went with it. He had been under the bed removing all the intricately tied bells longer than he realized.

As Scarlet strolled around the end of the bed he noticed the very short yellow and blue lace petticoat that gave way to dark blue silk stockings and high heeled high top leather boots. The garter on her leg matched the corset she wore.

Scarlet turned and leaned against the wall next to the window. He noticed her smile had turned into a mischievous smirk.

Scarlet shook the bells causing louder snickering from outside and a few more comments.   

Scarlet leaned over and picked up one of the smaller bells opened the shutter and threw it at the sound of the laughter, causing more laughter, a satisfying “ouch” and a rather colorful comment about the two of them breaking the bed.

She turned her attention back to Fritz. “Think the Calvary might like this new uniform Sir?”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com