Author Topic: On accounta it's June!  (Read 145840 times)

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 478
Re: On accounta it's June!
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2014, 12:10:11 PM »
I'll have something for supper for us, going to have some lunch available on Thurs, we can scrounge up breakfast if needed also. 

I'll be in Thursday afternoon. Do you need me to bring the big orange water thingie and cover? How about the big enameled camp coffeepot?

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2014, 01:05:29 PM »
Let ya know somethin' soon, Tex. Real life investigation.

Went ta Sam’s ta see my dope connection ‘n gas the station wagon. Couple blocks from the place my l’il black pick up was goin’ the other way. Saw ‘er once just after the trade four years ago, first time since. She was sparklin’ clean ‘n winked at me as she passed. Station wagon give off a ‘humpf’ ‘n got ‘er panties all inna wad ‘til I got ta the gas pump nozzle in 'er 'n dumped $51.00 werth. l'il o'er 20 trip back from Ali's 'n runnin' 'round town last week.

Panhandler in the P/L at Sam’s. Managed ta avoid the bum. Werry ‘bout tellin’ ‘em ta pack it, O’Bama’s done stole my all discretionary money ta buy votes from other deadbeats. Think soon’s I walk away they’ll key my paint.

Sam’s has a new charge card deal. Had employees w/clipboards ‘n applications botherin’ folks inside ‘n gummin’ stuff up at the pumps.

Fat lady mentioned an article she read ‘bout home defense. Personally, I like the Mossberg fer that but ennyways, author recommended puttin’ yer car key fob on yer night stand. Hit the panic alarm if somethin’ wakes ya in the middle of the night.

Was thinkin’ ‘bout it in the P/L. Ain’t sure I’ve ever tested it. Reckon I was forty er fifty yards away so I pushed it. Freakin’ station wagon went berserk. Lights started flashin’ ‘n the horn was blowin’. People lookin’ all ‘round. Pushed it again ‘n it shut up. Guess it werks…………

Case I ferget, y'all have fun it the muster thing.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #382 on: June 23, 2014, 01:17:13 PM »
John, I'm bringing 3 pots out of 6 so we should be fine, cooler might be handy, I have two one for GA and one for tea, someone was bringing another one we can stuff with water and yours could be used to take down into the stages. 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #383 on: Today at 08:09:54 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2014, 05:41:32 AM »
I'll start us a pot and get some water on as well ::)

69 and damp this morning. Had t-storms in the evening and then one rolled through here a couple hours ago. Will have to check my unmowed areas first to see if I want to try mow some before the next batch gets here ::) :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2014, 05:49:15 AM »
Thanks for the coffee Buck

Raining here at the moment but the mocking birds are singing too.

Gonna try To finish mowing when i get home in a few hours.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: June 24, 2014, 06:12:56 AM »
Mornin’.

‘Bout like yestitty again. Heck, the guessers done dropped Thursday’s high a couple degrees. Ain’t that a peach? Thinkin’ on spendin’ a l’il time in the barn. Need some OFSDAR stuff.

The CCB made the announcement yestitty afternoon. MR has been named Grace. We be happy. It ain’t Gracie but many refer to the boy named Camellia as Cammy. There’s times I get lazy ‘n just type or say NC. The bird folks know who I’m talkin’ ‘bout. Gracie’ll catch.

BTW, whilst the votin’ was goin’ on she fledged.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #386 on: June 24, 2014, 06:39:21 AM »
Always a good thing ta start the day with a belly laff at the expense of a bunch of losers.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #387 on: June 24, 2014, 07:48:03 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

How'd the horsemanship clinic go?
It went well. The kids learned some things.

'Tis 71, sunny and humid. "Partly sunny. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then scattered showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Areas of dense fog reducing visibilities to less than 1/4 mile at times in the morning. Highs around 80. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: June 24, 2014, 07:51:15 AM »
Good news on  the fledgling

- kind of like the comedian said he run over the guy then dodged his mothers walker...does NASCAR get a share of the revenue?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: June 24, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »
...does NASCAR get a share of the revenue?

Only if the placards are Joonyer er Daniker autograph collectors' editions.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #390 on: June 24, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. We got in late from the airport last night.  The weather caused delays on both ends. It was after 2000 hours when we got home, so we slept in. Victoria was glad to have her momma back home. I made another pot for the late risers.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #391 on: June 24, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »
Glad it's Grace...it's close to Gracie ....beats Penny

Left to early for the late pot.... Jim, but thanks....

I dare say maybe my rotator cuff injury, is subsiding some now, still painful but not quite as bad...
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #392 on: June 24, 2014, 01:04:58 PM »
I'm off to Camp Pitspiter, see you in a week or more likely a week and a few hours.   ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:03 PM »
Only if the placards are Joonyer er Daniker autograph collectors' editions.

Hehe
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: June 24, 2014, 05:37:42 PM »
M2, been there with the rotator cuff. Had the right side fixed about 10 years ago, didn't have much choice, tendon snapped completely, couldn't raise my arm over halfway. Doc said the other side eventually would be a problem too, and it is. Not bad enough for me to use up another 3 months of sick leave to get it fixed though. Been some times when I go to a shoot, and have to shoot the rifle left handed, can't hold it up with my left hand for more than a few seconds at a time. I find it doesn't flare up so much if I act my age and don't go trying to do things I did 25-30 years ago. Why go around picking up heavy stuff, when I got a tractor with a loader?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: June 24, 2014, 06:10:38 PM »
Yep, the easy way works for me,too. Did have to move some cement block over the weekend. Did it the easiest way I could.

Just had a bunch of t-storms pass through. Closed the pool about 5:15. Hasd some idiots down there that didn't want to leave even though it was thundering. A little 4 yr. old girl was having a hissy because she didn't want to get out of the pool.Public is such fun to cope with.......NOT!As much as I detest winter, getting to the point that I wish it was time to shut the dang thing down for the season ::) :P :-\

Did get some mowing done at least. Not my yard. Storms keep coming through in the evening so I can't get to mine ::) :(
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #396 on: June 24, 2014, 06:50:57 PM »
I'm fortunate, I've reached a point, I'm not required to do hands on...  :P

I design and plan, but that at the work 20 , it was the Honey Do that did me in  ::)

I know, I'm not 20,30,40,50 even 60 anymore.... just tried to do to much and SPRONG !  :o   :(
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: June 24, 2014, 07:41:14 PM »
Hell, all I did was bend over ta pick up a spoon. That kinda started it. Nerves got pinched. Left arm quit werkin’. Ended up inna knife fight with a neurosurgeon. He won. Arm werks again. Ain’t been the same since. Lower back still ain’t right.

We’s old, fellas………

Now I gotta ‘nother problem. Mebbe werse. Legal. Andi out in the drive fixin’ ta leave after a visit. I’m in the kitchen takin’ care of somethin’ then on the way ta see ‘er off. Fat lady’s standin’ in the doorway twix the laundry room ‘n the garage talkin’ ta both of us. Starts at walk out, turns ‘n run’s the right side ‘er face slam inta the door frame, kinda hard.

She was plannin’ on steamin’ some frozen vegetables. Sat outside with ‘er awhile whilst she held the pouch they’re in on ‘er eye. Bettin’ she’s gonna have a shiner tamarrah. Summer school folks is kinda brainwashed. Gonna think I punched ‘er er sumthin' ‘n call the cops…….

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: June 24, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »
They'll know it wasn't you Arcey, they aint being invited to yer funeral.

That hot dog place looks good. Spent the morning taking my Mom shopping then took her to lunch for her birthday.

Stopped at Bob's Gun Shop afterwards and picked up a 6 cavity mold for OFSDAR bullets.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: June 24, 2014, 11:47:52 PM »
Ditto what yer Cuzzin said Arcey...
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk