Author Topic: ASM Conversion  (Read 2271 times)

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: #810
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ASM Conversion
« on: May 17, 2014, 04:04:41 PM »
Picked up a ASM 1860 Conversion in 38 spl., the other day, want a 44 Colt but can't find one. The gun functions great, the only thing wrong is the ejector rod is not long enought to compeletly eject the spent shells. I know all the troubles with ASM guns but never heard this one. I could possibly unsrew the ejector rod holder screw a few turns on the back of the ejector housing to alow the rod to travel further to the rear. Has anyone else had this problem. I have seen alot of different pictures showing different lenght rods on ASMs, and know there are no replacements, or parts for these anymore.
NCOWS #810
Reno

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
Re: ASM Conversion
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 09:18:17 PM »
You could.  But then without a fair amount of LocTite, you'll lose the screw.  Remembering, if you lose it, there are no more.  Plus, I doubt you can gain enough throw to make much of a difference.  Just pop the rest of the case out with a thumbnail.

Coffinmaker

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1265
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »
I wonder if there's any chance an Uberti ejector rod would have the same threads on the end?  Or perhaps could be rethreaded?  Or even use the Uberti ejector head as well?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:13:01 PM »

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: #810
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 07:07:19 AM »
Thanks for the replys men. I think I will just leave it alone, as the rest of the gun is in great shape, and I know about the parts not being made anymore. Just wish I could find one in 44 Colt like my other Conversions.
Reno

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com