Author Topic: Wish me luck!  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Dan Gerous

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Wish me luck!
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:59:37 PM »
I'm starting on my first gun belt (as opposed to hanging a holster on a belt from the J.C. Penney men's dept). Many thanks to all here who answered my questions and encouraged me. A special thanks to Dwight55 who has given me a pattern, leather, and a ton of support. You could say he went the extra mile, but it's more like taking me coast to coast!! I have everything cut out and I've discovered they just don't make pencils as dark or light bulbs as bright as they used to. I think it's all due to terrorists, but my wife has her own theory, something to do with age, an impending, birthday and glasses, but it's so ridiculous I won't embarrass her by mentioning it. I'll post pictures when I'm done (for good or ill) Whenever that may be!

Some folks say I'm no good, but I say I can always serve as a bad example!
All growed up and still playin' Cowboy!

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wish me luck!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 08:57:39 PM »
Take your time, try to be as precise as you can, take a Coke break, and do good :).
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 10:46:09 PM »
Can't wait to see the new glasses :D :D :D baaa haa haaa haaa...I'll be 60 in July,i'd cry in my beer if i still drank :-\ crying in your tea just don't look good :( :'( :'(

You should see my first holster!!! It was a real pain!!! It's the one on the left,i call it ~The Tuco~ ;D

If i can do it you can do it~ ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:44:40 AM »

Offline dwight55

• Top Active Citizen
    • Dwight's Leather Shop
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:02:33 PM »
One of the nice things about leather working, . . . not too many of the pieces are small enough to need glasses.

Being 69+, . . . I count it an amazing blessing from the Lord that I function just about full time with no need for glasses.

Hang in there Dan Gerous, . . . there are worse things than glasses, . . . think pace makers, de-fibrillators, hearing aids, hip replacements, mother in law, . . . 

May God bless,
Dwight
If you can breathe:  thank God

If you can read:  thank a teacher

If you can read this in English:  thank a Veteran

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 01:01:10 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the belt you come up with. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Dan Gerous

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 01:23:21 PM »
Thanks everyone, for the encouragement. Don't get too anxious to see the results, I'm taking it r-e-a-l slow. Gun Click, I've got you beat. At the end of this month, I'll be si-si-six-six-sixty wu-wu-wu-wun sixty-one. Darn that's hard to say! I still have the brain of a young man, it's my body that has other ideas! Oh well, I guess any day I open my eyes and don't find myself staring at a worm's behind is a good one!
All growed up and still playin' Cowboy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com