Author Topic: asp 1 of 1000  (Read 2367 times)

Offline eljay

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
asp 1 of 1000
« on: February 08, 2014, 09:27:59 PM »
there is an armi san paolo advertised down under for $1000, anyone own one? bit pricey, but looks nice. any opinions gratefully accepted, regards, eljay.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: asp 1 of 1000
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 05:27:49 AM »

Offline eljay

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 05:41:19 AM »
FCK, thanks for that mate, good info.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:56:49 AM »

Offline eljay

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 02:53:45 AM »
took the chance and bought it sight unseen, after the wait for the paperwork here in OZ, picked it up from my dealer. looked it over carefully, very good condition for its age, rear sight has a "u" notch soldered into the deep "vee" of the semi buckhorn rear sight. then, just like deja vu all over again, i realised that some 20+ years ago, this was my rifle, paid more for it than what i sold it for, but it was many years ago. never mind, still a fine rifle, and i am happy to (re) own it. the only thing that i dont really like is the crescent buttplate, any ideas what to do about that? one option would be to put a carbine butt on it, but finding one would be tricky business. i notice a guy on ebay using the name silverhill has repro stocks, anyone dealt with this company? opinions of them if you have would be greatly appreciated. tried some of the previous owners light loads, and some of my rossi loads, not real good at 50yds, 6-7" waiting on some trailboss and different projectiles for load development. bore and crown are excellent, so its the loads or my lousy shooting, hoping for the loads!

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »
Here's what I have done a couple of times.  Put tape around the stock, draw a line down the butt so the line just touches the bottom of the crescent cutout.  Saw the stock off along the line.  (I level the stock and use a power trim saw, makes a nice strait cut.) This leaves a flat butt with a cutout on the top of the stock.  Cut the cutout portion off the old crescent and screw it to the stock.  Then just take a flat shotgun style butt plate and fit it to the stock.  Or, fill the area on the top of the stock and sand it to shape, re-stain and refinish stock.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com