Author Topic: Bikail Hammer Pin  (Read 2486 times)

Offline bisognor

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bikail Hammer Pin
« on: November 08, 2013, 07:40:31 PM »
Hey folks,

My gunsmith who is doing my action job on my bikail sxs hit an impass.   The hammer pin as he goes through the bottom of the gun is welded in.  He put it on a large press, but it won't come out.  The only option he saw was drilling a whole, and he was reluctant to do that. 
The gun is new.  Any ideas?  Can it still be slicked up?  Does drilling sound right!
Thanks for the advice in advance.
Bisognor

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Bikail Hammer Pin
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »
It might be useful to put in a photo or an exploded view so we know what you are talking about.  IF the gun is new, then Baikal put it together so it can be taken apart.

Offline Panhandle Slim

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 08:26:09 PM »
Hmmm, that doesn't sound right.  I've got a Baikal that I picked up in 2008 that I just used for several projects
this last year in gunsmithing school. I ended up tearing it apart twice, and in the process slicked it up so it's
a lot better.  I never ran across any parts that were welded in.  In fact, all of the schematics/diagrams show the
hammer pin as a separate piece.

Yes, it can be slicked up.  Mine is nowhere near as bad is it was when it was new.
C. Erroll Madre, SASS #67854

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:56:28 AM »

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 12:43:03 PM »
Fer PS....

Love the cutouts in the hammer screw, I haven't seen that before, very neat idea means ya aint gotta over tighten.... Nice!

Paladin (What lurvs his internal hammered Baikal SXS too) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com