Author Topic: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October  (Read 128847 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
Re: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October
« Reply #480 on: October 26, 2013, 11:06:04 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Litl Rooster.

'Tis 46 and sunny. High of 47.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #481 on: October 26, 2013, 01:25:38 PM »
Roo, Good morning! and thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I had some oatmeal and toast for breakfast this morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #482 on: October 26, 2013, 01:58:36 PM »
Overslept. :-\ Had a couple of the grand daughters last night ::)

Washed dogs again, and am helping to make supper. Cabbage and onion with red pepper and sausage. ::)

44 and cloudy. Good breeze going, too........Buck
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #483 on: Today at 02:09:38 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #483 on: October 26, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »
went to town to send a box off and stopped at the Farmers market. had some fresh local collards bought big sac full $3. Some Hickory Smoked farm fresh bacon and some local honey.

Collards are simmering right now smells so good.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #484 on: October 26, 2013, 04:17:57 PM »
That sounds like a good idea for supper tonight, Roo. The Moose found a couple of soup recipes in the Food Network magazine.She is planning on making one of them tonight and the other one next week.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #485 on: October 26, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »
Took a drive earlier, seen a couple folks sellin their junk in the yard so we poked around some.  Found a nice warm leather jacket for 5 bucks.  Perty good deal seein as how it's got a pitcher of a map on the liner in case ma plane goes down over the Pacific an I get lost.  Picked up a old metal Tonka truck for Spud, aint seen one like it in some time.

Got a chicken bbq pizza for lunch an will prolly jus kill it for supper stead a making somethin else.

Think I hear a nap callin. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #486 on: October 26, 2013, 07:56:56 PM »
Leo, Those old TONKA trucks can be worth some money to collectors.The soup that Moose is fixing smells good.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #487 on: October 27, 2013, 04:13:25 AM »
The Lasagna soup recipe turned out great. We had plenty leftover to reheat. The Cawffee and hot water are ready this morning.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #488 on: October 27, 2013, 08:10:25 AM »
Lookin? like a pretty day o?er this way.

Got some beans ?n ham ta toss in the l?il red one.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #489 on: October 27, 2013, 08:31:02 AM »
Looks like you've got some kind of tw?tch in yer ke?board th?s mornin' Arcey.

Ham & beans sounds good though.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #490 on: October 27, 2013, 08:31:34 AM »
We made calzones last night or what ever they call them.  Rita said I couldn't call them a pizza runza.  Came out good, gonna add it to the stuff we make, good one to do together.  Got here better, she only used a glass cup thing for the water and a real teaspoon for the yeast.  Her "measuring spoons" are on like a key ring, use one you wash them all.  

May make a believer of her yet of the just mix it up and go method.  She was worried if we should put the sauce, meat and cheese in separate or mix them first, wondered which was the right way.  Told her we could google it but would likely be about half and half, so she mixed it. less work to fill that way. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #491 on: October 27, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »
Looks like you've got some kind of tw?tch in yer ke?board th?s mornin' Arcey.

Ham & beans sounds good though.

Yeah. Don't know what the hell that's all about.

Been timed out a time er three 'n gotta habit of typin' in Werd then pastin' the test in the dialog box. The Werd copy shows the apostrophes rather'n the question marks. I dunno.

Proofed this one with the preview thing. Looked alright but posted wrong.

Del, I took all the Fat lady's chained up spoons apart.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #492 on: October 27, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »
'Morning all.

I havn't been around in awhile.   1st time posting here.  been busy recovering from some stff.   Moving forward.  spent a couple of days at "Bordertown"  with my new sweetie'  (AZ state SASS near Tombstone).  It was her first look at CAS.  Not sure it made much of an impression.  CAS is not a spectator friendly sport, at least not at a big match.  the different foods ya' all are cookin' up is making me hungry.  Del, I still miss Runzas,  I will have to find a way to bring some back next time I get home to Nebraska. 
I've got this elk roast in the freezer that may find it's way into the Crockpot today.  not sure what to throw in with it.  will come up with something and maybe let ya' know.  Been a long time since I have had any time to really cook an' create in the kitchen.
 Thanks for the coffee. 
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #493 on: October 27, 2013, 09:14:36 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

I've got this elk roast in the freezer that may find it's way into the Crockpot today.  not sure what to throw in with it.  will come up with something and maybe let ya' know.  Been a long time since I have had any time to really cook an' create in the kitchen.

Make sure ya throw a few cloves of garlic in the pot. Lernt that from a NE cosie.  ;)

'Tis 32 and sunny. High of 52.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #494 on: October 27, 2013, 09:50:45 AM »

I do that, she'll loose part of them. 

Made the sinner-mon bread for food day, one of the cashiers asked if I made it, I fessed up.  She asked for the recipe, she had never seen such a tender crust.  I sent it since it's one wroted down for the book already, but told her it was just a basic bread recipe using lard and the swirl added which she knew how to do.  I bake it at about 325-350 instead of the 375-400 most recipes call for and just baste it well when done with melted real butter.  Works every  time.  She wondered why they didn't teach that in home ec and I told her they didn't want her to get better than the teacher. 

Also sent her my universal "make any kind of yeast bread recipe"  I never posted it in cosie's because it is too big to post, takes I think 5 pages, but it is really the only bread recipe you will ever need.  Anyone wants it, PM me an E-Mail  the polished version will be in the book.   Still thinking spring of 2015 will be it.  Got a polish person arranged, hope to have the final draft to him by about this time next year, understands my style, just gonna dot the t's and cross the i's for me. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #495 on: October 27, 2013, 12:02:01 PM »
Do'n' a pot roast in the dutch oven today..... Browned the chuck roast and added onions while it was browning...
Had to cut around some spots on my taters then threw them in.
I use French Onion & golden Mushroom soup and about two cups of water for a quick stock, in go the carrots and it simmers for about 4 hours.
I have some minced garlic I may try ...  :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #496 on: October 27, 2013, 01:19:23 PM »
Make sure ya throw a few cloves of garlic in the pot. Lernt that from a NE cosie.  ;)

No point putting about any kind of meat in a crock pot if it doesn't have garlic and onions added to it.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #497 on: October 27, 2013, 02:19:55 PM »
Hey Bowview, good to hear from you. Glad yer on the mend & found a new sweety, hope she comes around & learns to enjoy the shootin' - if not, guess you could find another ;). Hope to see you at Ft. Pitspitr next June.

Del, I'd like a copy of that fits-all bread recipe.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #498 on: October 27, 2013, 03:58:38 PM »
Bow View Haymaker
  I'd heard of you!

I do that, she'll loose part of them.  

Montana buys that stuff it gets in my way I throw it in the trash can.  Don't know why some one cooks as long as all of are old they need measuring devises. it's a 4 quart pan, if it is half full that's 2 quarts.

Made fried catfish tonight finished up the greens and mac salad.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #499 on: October 27, 2013, 04:35:10 PM »
Can work with the spoons onna ring, it's the cups I can't abide.  If one a ma free range cups should ever dacide ta roam I'll take all the I told ya so's an go buy another one.

Got some thin round steaks, tryin ta dacide if they're gonna be sammiches er sliced for fajitas er somethin piled on rice er noodles.  

Pop, I was surprised the lady let the truck go for 5 bucks.  Always figgered toys were for playin with an not collectin an Spud needs the sturdy stuff if'n he can get it.

Timin out on here, started typin what I was thinkin on makin an not finishin the post til it was done an ate.  Spose we get distracted now an then.  Human brain weren't made for tabs anyhow.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com