Author Topic: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October  (Read 128846 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October
« Reply #440 on: October 23, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
Slim, I bet that cheese is not from Wisconsin!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: October 23, 2013, 05:15:18 PM »
American cheese is not cheese, 'tis plastic.  :(

Most of what gets passed off as American cheese is in fact plastic. However it is possible to find American cheese that is real cheese. I by it by he case from a wholesale outfit 'cause I can't find it in stores, & its pretty spendy, evrn in bulk, but it's real cheese so worth the effort & expense.

That stuff at Arbeys is a cheese flavored colored processed sauce.  ::) Not cheese.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #442 on: October 23, 2013, 05:36:55 PM »
Slim, I bet that cheese is not from Wisconsin!
Probably California.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #443 on: Today at 02:06:03 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #443 on: October 23, 2013, 06:12:09 PM »
Stu, Russ's and Supersaver sometimes has it in the Chrystal Farm brand, think it's from Minny-soda.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: October 23, 2013, 11:10:15 PM »
If the Arby's "cheese" is anything like the "cheese sauce" used on some of the specialty sandwiches by McDonalds, it comes in a big tube like a giant caulking gun, they use the same thing for Big Mac sauce, and also tartar and mayo. (at least that's what they did 20 years ago, last time I was behind a counter there.) That stuff is not only not real cheese, but it's WAAAAYYY to salty for my taste.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: October 23, 2013, 11:35:54 PM »
Probably California.  ;)

Slim

Not layin claim ta that, the real CA cheese folks would be disturbed ta hear that rumor runnin round. 

Worst cheese surprise I got was orderin a Philly cheese steak in Reno.  Thing was smothered in cheeze wiz, Del said it were the new trend but I still think he was jerkin ma chain. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: October 24, 2013, 06:23:38 AM »
Want my Arby’s roast beef nekked. Maybe a l’il of the horse radish stuff.

Had vendors from Philadelphia sellin’ the cheese steak things it Harborfest when I was werkin’ the party years ago. Heard about the cheese whiz thing ‘n thought someone was kiddin’. They weren’t. Decided I’d eat sumthin’ else.

Goin’ Glockin’ inna l’il while.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #447 on: October 24, 2013, 06:32:30 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Sister will be at the horsepistol today, so I'll be going to verk.

'Tis 28 and dark. High of 43.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: October 24, 2013, 07:17:27 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I had some corn flakes and milk for breakfast. It got down to 50 last night, the high will be in the low 70s.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: October 24, 2013, 07:50:18 AM »
Don't want no Arby's unless they got a whole lot better than the last time I ate there maybe 15 years ago. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #450 on: October 24, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
Don't want no Arby's unless they got a whole lot better than the last time I ate there maybe 15 years ago. 

They haven't. I can still eat one of their roast beef sandwiches - without the cheese colored stuff - with a little horseradish sauce.

Had scrambled eggs this morning with real cheese on em.

Came to town for play practice at 6:45 & headed back home to rest a while before I have to be back at noon for parent/ teacher conferences. Change of plans. I'm at the tire shop getting one patched.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: October 24, 2013, 11:18:58 AM »
My favorite lane was open at the shop. Hung the target ‘n ran it downrange – one of the lights was burned out. Not a problem. A l’il low light trainin’ never hurts.

Took twenty five with Remington primers from the same box the fouled up things came out of. They worked. The level of Titegroup in the 9s is kinda high so the stuff covers the flash hole when the cartridge chambers. It’s kinda hit or miss with WST in the .38s. I’ll mess with ‘em again when I change loads. If that ain’t it, I got ‘nuff of ‘em left I won’t be hurtin’ for primers for 9s for the next few years.

Folks down the road are havin' a big ole addition put on their house. Stayin' away from it Them construction dudes don't care where they drop nails. Don't wanna be pluggin' tires.......................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: October 24, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »
I don't do tire plugs.  The tire shop in town will put on a real patch for $15.  I used to carry some plugs when I traipsed around the wilderness & have used one more than once to get back home.  Now that I stay closer to civilization most of the time, I'd rather have it done right.

Parent/Teacher conferences have officially started - there are three parents here already - one of might come talk to me.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: October 24, 2013, 01:28:09 PM »
Once upon a time it seems every construction crew had a pick up kid.  If the boss was nice he'd give im one a poles with a magnet on the end ta make sure none a the nails got missed.  If the kid wanted ta keep makin money nobody got a flat an the good uns got hired on with the roofers.  Ta the best a my knowledge that job no longer exists, guess it aint that important.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: October 24, 2013, 02:06:31 PM »
Wife seems to have a penchant for attracting them things, Leo. Have fixed a bunch over the years. Last one was this spring, left rear on the Hamster-mobile. ::) :-\

Slept in some this morning, then got side tracked. Am in the process of cleaning the Bunn. Hadn't been done since sprin g and was getting pretty slow for a Bunn. Got a quart of white vinegar steeping in there at the moment. 'bout 3:30 will start flushing it out ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #455 on: October 24, 2013, 02:14:33 PM »

Been way longer that that for me, or so I thought ... last time I went late 70's
I had mentioned it and my wife said,  "the Rubin she brought home sometime back was from Arby's"  :-\  twern't bad ,
I didn't know that....

but I seem to remember the RB sandwiches sucked  ::)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: October 24, 2013, 02:45:51 PM »
The few years I worked part time for Bay sellin’ houses taught me where to stay away from. The full time folks sellin’ new construction got flats constantly. Nails, screws,shreds of trimmed sheet metal.............

Reckon a pile of l’il jobs like that have bit the dust with tighter employee regs ‘n all.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: October 24, 2013, 03:32:59 PM »
Last flat I had last fall was in one of my 6 plies, after a trip to the farm.  Dang GW wheel well trim screw, they ain't used that type since the early 80's.  Figure some old rusted grain truck or som kid with and old beater drivin' on a school permit.   Seems like I sure have attacted them over the years, for a while it seemed like that or bob wire was mine. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: October 24, 2013, 04:35:09 PM »
Mail Carriers know all about flats. Got 50 miles of gravel road on my route, so if I don't have a nail, it'll be a rock cut. Lots of flint around here, the road graders dragging on hard pan flakes off pieces like mini arrowheads. Blazer has a slow leak on it now, maybe I'll go out and plug it.... or maybe just air it up and get it patched tomorrow. Now that I got the Blazer instead of the Taurus that burned, I can get 6 ply tires, when the ones that were on it go.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: October 24, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »
I fixed pulled pork tacos in the crock pot today for supper tonight. They turned out real tasty.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com