Author Topic: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October  (Read 128819 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »
Just heard from Ali. Somehow, the youngest grand boy busted ‘is head onna table, provin’ hisownself ta be a worthy member of the male side of the species. Pediatrician’s office was closed. Took ‘im to a kiddie doc-inna-box. Seven stitches. She said he never cried.   
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2013, 07:22:20 PM »
Glad to here he is okay Arcey!

Well TLD and Arcey I have to diversify myself one day between now and the 27th of November to justify using the diversity day I have left on the books. I have heard that those strange viruses can catch you right quick Arcey.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »
. Seven stitches. She said he never cried.  
If he didn't cry, he has now proved himself....

Heard that wife's other sister is ok, as well as most of the other relatives in the area.

Advertising

« Reply #323 on: Today at 11:27:43 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2013, 04:54:55 AM »
Good news  PE   :)   

Coffee's up y'all .... it's Peruvian,  rich , dark and tasty
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2013, 05:35:00 AM »
Good news, PE.

Reckon the boy’s as hard headed as ‘is grand daddy……………..   

That stuff blind-sides ya, cuz. Be careful. Good dose of gun stuff snaps a body out of it. Gonna get me an OFSDAR booster shot here inna bit just in case the thought of ‘diversity day’ stirs up any traces I got left.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: October 17, 2013, 05:55:08 AM »
Mornin all, thanks for the coffee Major 2

Arcey, I would love to join you today, even thought about it but I have a Dr. visit scheduled. Once I get back from that I need to level the area where the horse stalls are going.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #326 on: October 17, 2013, 07:31:35 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Major 2.

Good news, PE.

'Tis 33 and cloudy. High of 57.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #327 on: October 17, 2013, 08:20:17 AM »
Good news PE. 

Got Guatemalan here, same place my plantation hat was made.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #328 on: October 17, 2013, 08:33:50 AM »
Mornin Y'all,for some reason I don't get the update e-mails for this thread... ??? ??? Hope all Y'all are well
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: October 17, 2013, 09:32:29 AM »
I will be well, went and got my flu shot, despite internet predictions I am still alive, worried about the General though, I came out and their was a Prius on one side and some sort of mini-van/station wagon parked on either side of him.  Stopped and got him some fuel with corn likker in it, he seems to be feeling better.   ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #330 on: October 17, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »
I'm not getting along well with coffee these days, but hot tea goes down easy so I'm drinking a lot of it.

Had three doctors & the nurse that administers my chemo all tell me I better get a flu shot, so I did.  Bled like a stuck hog but didn't get sick (or sicker) so I guess it was OK.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #331 on: October 17, 2013, 10:12:29 AM »
OK, there can be some allergy problems with it, but the risk is small if you read the fine print.

As my Dr. explained to me and with my somewhat knowledge of things, if you get sick from it with flu like symtoms and it makes you feel bad for a day or so be thankful, because if it does you would be one it hit dang hard or even killed.  Everyone that gets the shot gets a very weak mild version of it and most don't even notice, it the shot hits you that hard being weak think what the full blown one would do.  And I work with the public also.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #332 on: October 17, 2013, 10:34:04 AM »
The Doctors all told me the shot is not a live virus so it shouldn't make anyone sick.  The risk is with the nasal spray version that is a live virus & may give you the mild version of the flu.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: October 17, 2013, 11:48:37 AM »
The Doctors all told me the shot is not a live virus so it shouldn't make anyone sick.  The risk is with the nasal spray version that is a live virus & may give you the mild version of the flu.

Shouldn't but a very slight chance, most that BS dates from 30 years ago, wife used to say the same thing, she knew someone who got a flu shot back years ago and it made them sick so she didn't want it.  Yeah, she gets it now. 

Kinda like that picture of the curvy road that floated up from South Dakota, the cut through the snow?  No pick-ups and they are driving on the wrong side of the road, northern Japan from 2010.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: October 17, 2013, 12:06:13 PM »
Missed that one. Did see one yesterday from South Dakota - was a muddy field with a big pit where they were dragging dead cattle to bury.  Must've been a bad storm. Ned Niederlander gave some eyewitness reports from the area over at the barracks.

Makes you wonder why if it really happened why do people need to post phony pictures of it.  ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: October 17, 2013, 02:00:16 PM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning! I went to Sonic and got a couple of chili dogs for lunch today.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: October 17, 2013, 02:37:11 PM »
TL,

I like "Sonic".
It and the food reminds me of the old "Drive Inn" daze of coursing the hang outs.
Which were also a great drive through places just to see who else were 'out and about'.
I should go there more often.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: October 17, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »
Just had my checkup, Dr thinks I'll last another year, says he'd like to trade cholesterol number with me. Didn't take the flu shot, only had one one time since I got out of the army(when I didn't have any choice). The one time was after our first daughter was born and she was to young to get one, so her mom and I got them, so we wouldn't bring it home to her. Well, they're big enough now, and flu is higher risk for kids than for me, so I'll pass. Guess if I wasn't in as good health as I am, would probably get one.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: October 17, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »
Inna moment of weakness I let ‘em talk me inta a flu shot last Wednesday. Felt like crap the whole time the kids were here. No shot last year, no flu.

Got some Remington primers when the goin’ was bad 'n any primer was hard ta come by. Broke outta box ‘n finished out the stuff I carried taday with ‘em.

First stage - BANG, BANG, pfffft, BANG, pfffffft, pffffft. Opened ‘n ejected the empty stuff to show clear ‘n there’s unburned powder in the barrel ‘n cylinder. Knockdowns were snickerin’. The pffffffts wouldn’t even take down the light stuff. Went ta the other box with unplated Winchester primed stuff; BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG! Knockdowns flattened.

Too bad most of 'em weren't Winchesters. Fourteen misses. Friends ‘n neighbors, I MIGHT get fourteen misses in ten shoots, not six stages. Three is my usual bad day 'n that's rare.

Same bullets, same powder (WST) ‘n charge loaded with the same tools. Don’t even wanna tell y’all how many them things I got left. Maybe they’ll werk in the nines with Titegroup. They sure is hell ain't goin' ta West Point next shoot in .38 Specials.

But…………………………… It was still more fun than bein’ back inna office.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: October 17, 2013, 05:39:01 PM »
OK Arcey, rub it in, I'll be out there with you soon enough.

Sleep study doc says I have to have another test with a CPAP mask. The first one was without. I guess if it improves my overall health it is a good thing. Speaking of Flu shots they offered me one today and I said okay, then they forgot to give it to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com