Author Topic: Hammerli SAA Colt  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hammerli SAA Colt
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:11:39 AM »
Been wanting a '73 Colt lately, something plain Jane, but not your typical. After digging around some on the net, I found out that these were made by Hammerli in CH back in the early '80's. I have set my sights on finding one of these little Swiss Misses this summer and was hoping there may be someone on the forum with one tucked away. I am also looking for advice and or input from owners.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
Re: Hammerli SAA Colt
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 05:27:09 PM »

I haven't seen one in years.  If you find one, parts may be problematic.  I don't know how the Swiss are about support for discontinued products.  They were well made guns though.

Coffinmaker

Offline sack peterson

• Very Active Citizen
    • Stag Grips
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 09:55:36 PM »
More like 1973-75.

They’re neat.  This gun is identical to the Jager Dakota / Frontier that is more common, though it’s quite right to notice Hammerli’s gun was more handsomely finished by comparison.

Finding suitable triggers, hands, and springs is generally not a problem.  You can use Uberti triggers, hands, and springs, etc.  The screws are done in metric pitches though.  If you bugger the screws you will be out of luck.

They are not common.  Interarms probably brought in 3000 or so Hammerli Virginians in the early 70’s.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:36:33 AM »

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:26:21 AM »
I certainly know about the Swiss quality, thats why I married a girl from there  ;)

Gonna keepmy eyes on the auction sites over the next couple of months to see if I can score one that way.

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 04:34:55 PM »
One of the local gunshops has one in for repair. The hand is not working correctly and the smith has tried a couple of times to get it up and for it to stay working. So parts can be problematic.  :'( I told him to try VTI and get both a Pietta and an Uberti hand assy and see what he might be able to make work or to see if they still had any ASM ones. Problems aside that is one SWEET pistola. Fit and finish were on a par with any of the best replicas I've handled, and I told the smith that if the owner got tired of fighting it I would be more than happy to work out a trade with him for it.  ;D Good luck in your search for one because that's the first one I've handled in years.

Offline sack peterson

• Very Active Citizen
    • Stag Grips
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 05:40:54 PM »
I just did one.  The contemporary Uberti hand with the .150 pin works fine. 

Primary finger needs to be lowered a touch to give the bolt time to lower.  Secondary finger needs to be lowered a touch to keep it from binding.  Which is just to say you fit it about as much as you would any other hand on any other clone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com