Author Topic: Whos got 45 colt brass right now?!?!  (Read 10923 times)

Offline Whiskey Banjo

• Bourbon bullets
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Whos got 45 colt brass right now?!?!
« on: April 19, 2013, 08:44:47 PM »
Starline is backordered until june.. the few other places ive checked online have been backordered for quite some time as well. Does anyone know whos got good quantity of 45 colt brass in stock? Bullets and primers would be nice as well..

Thanks in advance for the help. My internet is painfully slow up here so searching every reload site is quite a long task

I need to stock up on everything, brass, bullets, primers and powders...

-whiskey
SASS#97496. RATS#667

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Whos got 45 colt brass right now?!?!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »
Mid south shooter supply says mag tech 45 Colt is instock $27 per 100

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00039BR45C

give them a call  1-800-272-3000
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline Whiskey Banjo

• Bourbon bullets
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 08:14:16 PM »
thanks!!  i just ordered 12 bags... hopefully they got it still.. order went through normal so i hope they do..

now i just gotta find bullets and primers.. cant believe how hard it is to find these days
SASS#97496. RATS#667

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:48:38 PM »

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 274
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 08:29:42 PM »
You might try S&S Casting at http://www.snscasting.com for bullets.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Whiskey Banjo

• Bourbon bullets
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »
you know whats crazy? S&S has shutdown their online ordering due to "unprecedented demand"

i cant find anything ANYWHERE... its frustrating the hell outta me
SASS#97496. RATS#667

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 274
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 05:27:44 AM »
That is crazy! I always call my orders in so this is a surprise.

You might also try Moulton Lead at www.moultonlead.com
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

44caliberkid

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »
Buy a bullet mould and start casting your own.  It's a shame to be at the mercy of the market when the current situation proves how unstable it is and how fast everything can disappear.

Offline Whiskey Banjo

• Bourbon bullets
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »
Yea i dont get it. I dont see how everything can dissappear when demand goes up.. my meaning being why arent companies upping production?  Seems like no ones making money with empty shelves. Makes me think something else is going on.
SASS#97496. RATS#667

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 367
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »
I've heard a lot of ammo manufacturers are running three shifts at full production. Can't verify but I'd say at least some are if not all of them.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Whiskey Banjo

• Bourbon bullets
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
I've heard a lot of ammo manufacturers are running three shifts at full production. Can't verify but I'd say at least some are if not all of them.

Man, wouldnt wanna be workin there.. its crazy if they are producing at full capacity, u would think there would be ammunition somewhere
SASS#97496. RATS#667

Offline Charles B Gatewood

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »
WB,
You might try Rimrock Bullets in Montana. I can't say if he has them in stock, but it's worth a try. Call 406-676-3250.

Hope this helps.

CBG

44caliberkid

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 07:59:01 AM »

There is a video about how 22LR is made, shot at CCI, and said they make 4 million rounds a day.  I would guess the other companies can produce at a comparable rate and 22 production would not be affected by government contracts for 5.56, 9mm or 40 S&W, as it's a separate process.  So where the heck is it all going?

Offline Whiskey Banjo

• Bourbon bullets
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 08:38:31 AM »
That's my question too ^^^ where is it all going?

Out here in california, and oregon we have the highest hay prices in the country because we have to compete with japan. The hay growers here get way more per bale shipping it to japan. So we pay 18 bucks per bale when the rest of the country is around 5 just because we have to compete with japan.

I wonder if all the mysterious ammunition being produced in vast quantities but never hits the shelves is going over seas.
SASS#97496. RATS#667

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 10:56:29 AM »
Whiskey Banjo...

I'm paying $3.70 a bale in Western Mass... I hook the hay wagon up to my pickup, drive it home, unload it, and drop the empty wagon off wherever he needs it next.

He knows I always pay cash in full  within the week, so I am the first customer he calls when he starts filling the wagons.

Be it hay or brass or whatever, when you find a reliable source, treat the source right  ;)

Offline Sgt. John McAfferty

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 11:02:19 AM »
You might try Desperado Bullet Company.  I just ordered 500 44-40 and their website showed 45 Colt in stock.

Sgt. John McAfferty

Offline Whiskey Banjo

• Bourbon bullets
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »
You might try Desperado Bullet Company.  I just ordered 500 44-40 and their website showed 45 Colt in stock.

Sgt. John McAfferty

Thanks so much! Just bought a box of 1000
SASS#97496. RATS#667

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 367
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
There is a video about how 22LR is made, shot at CCI, and said they make 4 million rounds a day.  I would guess the other companies can produce at a comparable rate and 22 production would not be affected by government contracts for 5.56, 9mm or 40 S&W, as it's a separate process.  So where the heck is it all going?

I know for a fact there are people buying it up as quick as it comes in a Wal-Mart and other stores and hoarding it. All they are doing is creating a shortage and running prices up hurting themselves and everyone else.

I had a friend say he was talking to another guy we know and he knows somebody that works at our 24 hour Walmart and if ammo comes in on a truck he goes there in the middle of the night when they are stocking he goes and buys all they will let him have.

We just had a new Cabela's open up here in Louisville and I know of a few people that got jobs there. They all said people were fighting over the ammo on the friend and family night before the official opening.

It's crazy!
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Whiskey Banjo

• Bourbon bullets
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 06:05:53 PM »
That sure is crazy cliff.. its amazing people can afford to do that.. i wonder how much comes in at a time and if these guys are droppin major cash..
SASS#97496. RATS#667

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 10:14:30 AM »
I know for a fact there are people buying it up as quick as it comes in a Wal-Mart and other stores and hoarding it. All they are doing is creating a shortage and running prices up hurting themselves and everyone else.

I had a friend say he was talking to another guy we know and he knows somebody that works at our 24 hour Walmart and if ammo comes in on a truck he goes there in the middle of the night when they are stocking he goes and buys all they will let him have.

We just had a new Cabela's open up here in Louisville and I know of a few people that got jobs there. They all said people were fighting over the ammo on the friend and family night before the official opening.

It's crazy!

Not for sure that it is not already happen'n on the "Commie Coast's" yet but the Commie Demoncretens are talk'n here in the Colorado Territory a nickel tax per round on ammo...usually when they're talk'n 'bout it here it is done there....

This drives the hoarding until the tax is set then it'll be crickets in the night......
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline sharps1863

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 02:44:31 PM »
It seems between the Government tying up new ammo production, some dealers hoarding it and selling it on the auction sites at unbelievable prices and the crazy buying that went on after Sandy Hook, The average weekend shooter is left with the crumbs to fight over.  :'(
Midway shows they have Primed Remington 45LC brass in stock
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1601315184/remington-reloading-brass-45-colt-long-colt-primed
Now a member of the Spencer Shooting Society #430
Shooter of 1-Trapdoor Springfield 1- Maynard Carbine- 1- Brunswick Rifle- 1-.50cal Hawkin- 2 -1858 Remingtons- 1- 1851 Colt Sheriff-1- 2nd model Dragoon- 1 .75cal Brown Bess Carbine-and now 1- Armi Sport 56/50 Spencer
 Maybe I like Black-powder guns too Much

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com