Author Topic: Sad Face :(  (Read 4701 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Sad Face :(
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:22:22 PM »
I am going to be "out of commission" for a while.  The hand on my revolver got bent ???  No clue how, but the cylinder won't rotate unless the muzzle is pointed down.  sigh....... 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sad Face :(
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »
TK,

The hand didn't get bent... the spring on the hand either broke or is cracked, so it wont push the hand forward to engage the ratchet on the cylinder.
You will need to replace the spring and/or the hand and spring assembly.
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 02:22:26 PM »
I've taken to replacing the hand spring only because to fit a new hand is a pain. I remove the old spring (or fragment thereof) and replace it with a length of bobby pin. You need to file a little pair of notches in the bottom sides of the new spring so you can stake it in place. You need to slightly flare the crimp into which the spring will rest then pound it down onto the new spring and stake the new one in. Save the old spring for a reference to get the shape and length right. Otherwise save the old hand so you can get the exact length and shape onto the new one so it'll work right.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:22:13 AM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »
I've taken to replacing the hand spring only because to fit a new hand is a pain. I remove the old spring (or fragment thereof) and replace it with a length of bobby pin. You need to file a little pair of notches in the bottom sides of the new spring so you can stake it in place. You need to slightly flare the crimp into which the spring will rest then pound it down onto the new spring and stake the new one in. Save the old spring for a reference to get the shape and length right. Otherwise save the old hand so you can get the exact length and shape onto the new one so it'll work right.

And buy and fit a couple of new hands and springs when you aren't in a rush and keep them on hand for when you are.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking of buying a whole internal parts kit so I can use the spring and have the other parts on hand just in case.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:09:58 AM »
I've done that for years.  Never had to use any of it but hand springs yet, but sure as anything, if I leave it home just once everything will bust at once.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 11:56:43 AM »
Naturally.  Doesn't that always happen, you leave something at home, and it breaks at the range.

--TK

Offline Popa Kapoff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »
Yep been there broke that 4 buck from VTI order 3 and have two as back ups suck waiting for parts so get extras. Save on shipping anyway.
Till we meet keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 11:33:03 PM »
Yep. :D

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com