Author Topic: Wild Bunch Handbook 2013  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wild Bunch Handbook 2013
« on: March 27, 2013, 05:19:12 PM »
Howdy folks, the new 2013 Handbook is finished and posted on the SASS WB forum. Happy Jack did a great job of putting everything in one book. A big thank you to Happy Jack, Pecos Clyde, Evil Roy, and Texas Jack Moralis for all the hard work done by the committee. There were a few changes as well as the addition of the Model 12 shotgun. Please take time to review the new rules and become familiar with the safe loading and staging procedure of Model 12. Hope to see y'all on the range, Good Luck :)

2013 Handbook

Jefro :D Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Wild Bunch Handbook 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:54:29 PM »
I had my wife print off a copy of the WB Rules, and she started flipping through them.

She is already an enthusiastic CAS competitor and is slated for a Black Badge course later this month. She was disappointed to read that she could not use her Ruger SR9s, so I put one of my 1911s in her paw and told her to Load & Make Ready with dummy rounds.

I told her that if she could do it, I would train her on the 1911. Much to my surprise, she did it just fine! Not long ago, she tried to shoot a 1911 and did not enjoy the experience, but since acquiring her SR9s, her confidence in handling a semi-auto has soared. The Black Badge course will put a polish on her skills.

Only negatory is that she shoots southpaw (the SR9s are ambi), but she figured out that she could drop a mag with her left index finger and reach over just fine to take off the safety. Not that she would have to in WB.

I was disappointed that my Milt Sparks leather mag pouches are ineligible due to their plastic liners. Fortunately, I have several other makes left over from my IPSC days.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Garand

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 09:09:06 AM »
Hopefully this is the last set of rule changes for a few years. It gets frustrating when they change the rules once, twice a year and some shooter on the line hasn't kept up and you are the Posse Marshall trying to correct him.
SASS # 93688
aka Dapper Dynamite Dick

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:10:32 AM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 10:22:53 AM »
Well, they oughta cut some slack, then. That or have a brief shooter's meeting to discuss the current rules.

If and when we get WB happening here, we have already decided to allow any turn-of-the-century pistol as many do not have 1911's and sure won't to shoot one game. Since we are talking local club matches, we can set local rules. We want to get as many people playing as possible.

In one of our weekly practices last summer, I shot a 1911 as per WB rules. The guys shooting their single actions were on the second shot before I fired my first round starting with an empty chamber, 5 in the magazine. Shooting a major load with one paw, I was also slower than the two-paw powder puffers.

Everyone was surprised - especially me!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com