Author Topic: LEE Pro 1000 Press from Titan  (Read 7423 times)

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 279
Re: LEE Pro 1000 Press from Titan
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 10:30:48 AM »
I've been doing a lot of practicing with my new LEE Pro 1000. Attached is a Utube video I just made showing .38 special Cartridges being reloaded.

I am pleased at how this press performs. You do have to take time to learn how the press works and also get a feel for the press especially the priming operation. You must focus on what you are doing or you will have problems.

I bought the LEE Bench Plate kit http://www.titanreloading.com/press-accessories/lee-bench-plate so I can mount either the LEE Pro 1000 or LEE Classic Turret press to my bench. When not in use I "C-clamp" the other press to the end of my bench. This system works very well.

The LEE Pro 1000 has allowed me to get into progressive reloading at an affordable cost.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 03:31:07 PM »
I've been doing a lot of practicing with my new LEE Pro 1000. Attached is a Utube video I just made showing .38 special Cartridges being reloaded.

I am pleased at how this press performs. You do have to take time to learn how the press works and also get a feel for the press especially the priming operation. You must focus on what you are doing or you will have problems.

I bought the LEE Bench Plate kit http://www.titanreloading.com/press-accessories/lee-bench-plate so I can mount either the LEE Pro 1000 or LEE Classic Turret press to my bench. When not in use I "C-clamp" the other press to the end of my bench. This system works very well.

The LEE Pro 1000 has allowed me to get into progressive reloading at an affordable cost.

Yes I had two as stated and once the quirks of it are learned it works really well. Every press seems to have some quirks regardless of who makes them especially progressive types. I simply decided it wasn't for me as a first press so went with the Lee Classic Turret and Lee Classic Cast. Perhaps someday I might need the speed the Lee Pro 1000 gives just not yet since I've only been reloading about a year now. I will say though I never got a bad bullet or had a problem with the primer feed system as long as I did my part. Glad you are happy with it too. Oh and I love the Lee Bench plates as it makes swapping presses as fast as it gets without having to mount them all on at one time.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline Izzoquazzo

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 10:21:01 AM »
I got back into reloading a couple of years ago and bought the Lee 1000. I could not get the primer feed to work no matter what kind of primers I used. I finally removed the dang thing and hand prime all my brass, then use the press for all the other functions. I've watched all the videos  etc. but can't get it to work. Wish I would have gone with their turret press or one from another company.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:15:17 PM »

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 12:27:07 PM »
While not painting everyone with the same brush but the only way a Lee 1000 will detonate a primer is the primer is not in the slot and we try hard, thinking "It will go, just some pressure"  Got the T-shirt.

At one time I had three Lee 1000s. One was set up for45acp. Loaded thousands shooting IPSC in the 70s.  Mine had theplastic ger underneath and I tosed it in aa drwer. If things got a little out sink I ssimply turned the turret to the next click. Allthat gear does is to be driven by  screwdriver to progress the shellplate when it get out of time. Big whoop.

If you keep the primer tray 1/3 full (no less), keep the primer try clen, nd definitely blowout the chute every so often. I use a small compressor for an iarbrush. I also polish the tray with Pledge or Behold with a que-tip and I clean and polish the chute with the polish also. Slicker than the baby waste.

The primers are driven by gravity and any impedience or lack of push will not put the primer on the seating pin. If the handle hits  a wall - stop.

You may have to tap the tray once in a while to get things moving. That little arm does not do the job everytime.

Have fun and good luck.

Develop a nice rythmn but if it talks to you stop and look.

Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com