Author Topic: Bottom Dealing Mikes video shown to a new shooter  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
Bottom Dealing Mikes video shown to a new shooter
« on: November 07, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
A friend of mine has just retired and taken an interest in shooting flintlocks.  He doesn't have a nearby ML group or mentor so I linked him to one of BDMs youtube videos about shooting flinters.  He reports that he found the videos "very valuable".

Feel free to skip the ads; :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NRPgKp6paE&list=UUOrzQir9WP9UpH8qtWx_ppw&index=19&feature=plcp

His most recent acquisition was a Pedersoli Mortimer flinter in .54.  I have one as well, and they are of very high quality,  Mine never has a flash-in-the-pan if I do my part.

Yeah ! I know!  Flinters are a bit early for this timeframe, but some did endure.  And, some of us have flintlocks in our gun lockers or have friends that do.  It enhances our credibility when we can help a shooter from any discipline, even just a bit 8)  Again, Mike has impressed a new shooter. :) :)
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Re: Bottom Dealing Mikes video shown to a new shooter
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »
I think the concept of an orientation video is a great idea. I also recommend using a blackpowder shooters manual.  To help avoid the little mistakes in loading grain sizes ball/windage and patches to avoid big problems. Read the story of WW1 hero Sgt. York. He learned to shoot with front-stuffers in the early 20th c. There were also many flint and perc black powder clubs using original guns well into the last century so I can't imagine many people harping about your flint lock.

Here's to your friend and a fun new hobby.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com