Author Topic: My "New" S&W DA .38 4th Model.  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Captain John Jarrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My "New" S&W DA .38 4th Model.
« on: June 15, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »
All,

English proved and retailed by Cogswell & Harrison! Picked it up today and I have to say the blue, case colours, bore, grips, mechanics, all in very great shape!!! Enjoy...

John.
Captain John Jarrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: My "New" S&W DA .38 4th Model.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:51:25 PM »
more pics.
Captain John Jarrett

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 12:35:19 AM »
Capt Jarrett,

Lovely ... I also have an 1898 4th Model, but in .32 S&W... but the nickel is slowly chipping, and I removed the original (and I am told, somewhat valuable) original grips and had Big T make me some stag grips for it ... I know it is early for stag, but it was already on my Schofields and now they all 'match'

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:15:35 PM »

Offline WV Scrounger

• Top Active Citizen
  • HILLBILLY
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 03:47:03 PM »
Capt'n  that's a sweetie for Sure. ... I wish it were in my collection instead of yours ....
 have you shot it yet?  I have a 2nd model that I have owned for near 2 years and havent shot it yet...boy how time flies!

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »
WWE,

The stag on yours sure is purdy and matches the Schofield to a tee! I'm usually partial to nickle revolvers, but when I saw the English proofing and retailer markings I let the fact that its blue slide right on by...I'm an Anglophile for certain!

WVS,

Just got it in yesterday and after I give it a good cleaning I'm gonna take her out and pop a few rounds, I'll let you know how she is. I must say you've got more self control than I do, no way I could wait 2 years to fire this one!

John.
Captain John Jarrett

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com