Author Topic: Thank Goodness for the Digital revolution  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thank Goodness for the Digital revolution
« on: May 03, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
I find it wonderful that so many aspects of historical documentation, from movies to books to photographs, documents, paintings and so many other items of historical importance are now being or have been "digitized" in one form or another and thus preserved for, dare I say it, forever? I first became aware of it when Ted Turner "digitized" and "colorized" those many old black and white movies. The colorization was much vilified by purists, but the movies had to first be preserved by digitizing them in their original black and white and they still exist as black and white films in a digital format. There are so many other things too. the music of Hudey Leadbetter (Leadbelly) with him playing and singing is permanently preserved in out Library of Congress. It is good to realize that some forms of "progress" when properly applied can do wonderous things for our civilization.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Thank Goodness for the Digital revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 05:20:37 PM »
You won't be nothin but a hallograph some day~

CLAP! CLAP! get your clapper today! :D~~~
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com