Author Topic: #$%&*&%^$#@%^&( WEATHER!!!  (Read 2589 times)

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
#$%&*&%^$#@%^&( WEATHER!!!
« on: March 30, 2012, 04:15:41 PM »
We have a shoot tomorrow here on Cape Cod and the weather forecast is SNOW! This will be the second shoot in the last few weeks that was snowed on..........And we've had the mildest winter in recorded history. Zero snow except for the last shoot and this one......UGH!
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
Re: #$%&*&%^$#@%^&( WEATHER!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »
I sympathize!  We have had little rain and mild temperatures in Northern California all winter -until March. Then we got our "March Miracle" with about half our annual rain and snowfall all at once.  We do have a lot of matches around Sacramento, though, so last week-end I was able to grab during a 12 hour break in the weather.  I hope it is clear next Saturday, though!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »
Send some of that precip out here to the Colorado Front Range. We got 3000 acres on fire, 2 dead, 1 missing, and high winds expected tonight! Dryest March on record in Denver, and this is normally our wettest month! Red flag warning all over the place!  :(   I've shot in snow and below zero weather, though I greatly appreciate not having to.  Not so sure some of these eviro-wackos might not be right about global warming. Ironically, Denver had one of the snowiest, coldest winters...right up to the end of February.  Now, it's supposed to be 86 today, and maybe warmer tomorrow.  OTOH, the high for Monday may be 58!
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:59:56 AM »

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 11:01:58 AM »
Send some of that precip out here to the Colorado Front Range. We got 3000 acres on fire, 2 dead, 1 missing, and high winds expected tonight! Dryest March on record in Denver, and this is normally our wettest month! Red flag warning all over the place!  :(   I've shot in snow and below zero weather, though I greatly appreciate not having to.  Not so sure some of these eviro-wackos might not be right about global warming. Ironically, Denver had one of the snowiest, coldest winters...right up to the end of February.  Now, it's supposed to be 86 today, and maybe warmer tomorrow.  OTOH, the high for Monday may be 58!

Awright, wise guys! I didn't mean it! It was 81 two days ago in Denver. Now it is 30-something and snowing, slush and freezing drizzle! When it's Springtime in the Rockies... ::)
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »
It came from Tahoe Trailrider :P
We had it last week-end..know a little somethin' on winter wildfires, we had 2..November and January..loss of life in both and lots of housing. Community here has been good so far with emergency services an' such.
Hope that crummy fire is gettin' put out
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 11:42:43 PM »
On top of that, did you see what went on in Texas? Eleven twisters reported in the D-FW area. Have some friends in Kennedale. One went through their front yard between the house and the street. Tore most of the shingles off their roof, ripped two big trees out by the roots, but thankfully everybody was alright! CNN showed realtime pictures from a helo, where semi-trailers were sailing through the air like a bunch of frisbees!  :o  Maybe more in store tomorrow!

The little snow we got here in Denver is a bit sloppy, but I'll take it over that stuff anytime! Godspeed to those folks down there, some of whom were hit worse than my friends.

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com