Author Topic: La, Miss, Ala, Pards, I Can Help!  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Col. Riddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Whar's thet dadblasted Yankee?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
La, Miss, Ala, Pards, I Can Help!
« on: September 02, 2005, 10:50:12 AM »
Perhaps you can too.

About midnight I was watching the Fox News. The Astro Dome, hotels, motels in Houston are full and can't take any more evacuees. They are asking people to open their homes.

If you or a family member or friends have lost your home & do not have any place to go. I can put up 4 people. Doesn't make any difference if it's adults or kids. If you need to put up your kids somewhere they'll be safe we can try to put some normalcy back in their lives, even get them in school. If you can make your way to Midland Texas you have a place to stay. We are retired and don't have a lot of money but God will provide. This is for as long as you need it.

If you are reading this at some hotel or shelter or if some of you pards are in contact with someone who needs this kind of help please email me at sixguncowboy@mindspring.com or PM me & I will give you my address, and phone numbers so they can get in touch with me.

PS:

The oil field is begging for workers. They're even willing to train & the pay & benefits are good. So it's very possible you could even go to work here if you need to. Midland is as good a place as any to start over if you want to. No hurricanes, air polution, low crime rate & the cost of living here isn't bad at all. We do get lots of blowing dust & an occasional tornado but one has never touched down in town, and hail storms once or twice a year.

PSS:

I just had a thought. I have a travel trailer in storage. I can put up another family of 4 maybe 6 (2 adults & 4 small kids) people. It's fully equipped & has all the comforts of home.

Col. Riddles
God answers knee mail † ><>
BOLD
SCORRS
SASS 7462 Life

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Re: La, Miss, Ala, Pards, I Can Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 12:01:51 PM »
Bless you, Col., that is a very generous offer from you and Jane. Hope she is well enough to take on this task, of course with her background she'll feel right in her element again.
 Again may you be blessed in this effort......Buck 8) ;) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Big John Denny

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »
Col. Riddles, you're a good man and truely have the Cowboy Spirit. We here in Georgia have raised over $2 million just this morning for relief aid through private donations.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:41:47 AM »

Offline Col. Riddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 04:22:57 PM »
Big John that is truely remarkable for such a short period of time. Makes me proud I'm an American and a native (Marietta) of the great Peach State.

Buck, AJ will be in her element if somebody takes us up on our offer. :)
BOLD
SCORRS
SASS 7462 Life

Badlands Walker

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 11:06:16 PM »
Col. Riddles.  This is without a doubt, the finest thing I have ever witnessed on any forum in my entire life.  You Sir are a fine man & a wonderful human being!

Offline Col. Riddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 03:19:01 PM »
CK, I'm nothing special. Just trying to help in whatever way I can.
BOLD
SCORRS
SASS 7462 Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com