Author Topic: CFDA Match Yesterday  (Read 2411 times)

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CFDA Match Yesterday
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
My pard "Curly Bear Brown" and myself headed to the town of Oakdale California yesterday for our first look at Cowboy Fast Draw.

My mind has not slowed down since we arrived.  The folks started educating us on fast draw while we were still in the parking lot.  Talks about being made to feel welcome.

Our eduction began with the types of wax bullets and their characteristics on impact to how long they would take to gum up the barrel and how to clean it during the match. It proceeded on about the guns and holsters, what to look for and what to change.

We were even given a few dozen pointers on little things like bullet depth, wrist movement and strategy.

I would like to thank the following folks for such a warm welcome.

GEORGE NARASAKI
JACK FRITZ
JIMMIE ODEM
DEBBIE ODEM
HAWKSHAW
OMAHA OUTLAW
MARSHALL COOPER
MIGHTY MUNCHKIN
SHORT KEG

and so many more, who's names I did not get or perhaps did not retain - I am getting old and its hard to hold so much information so quickly.

Two of the shooters, Jack Fritz and Hawkshaw live in the same town we do and both have invited us too their places to learn and practice.

We had a really great time and came home exhausted.  Were we impressed? - yes.

Are we looking forward to the next match? - yes.

How hooked were we?  Well, my membership to the CFDA is in the works.  Curly Bears will be in a couple days and this week we are heading to the neighboring gun stores to purchase our 45 caliber shootin irons.

When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: CFDA Match Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »
I enjoyed my self when I first discovered in over 40 years ago. Hung with it for about a year until circumstances forced me to move to support my young family to another state. Now that I have the time, age has killed my coordination to go there again as well as available groups where I live. I'm still fascinated by it though to say the least.  ;D
Joe
NCOWS 3384

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:51:54 PM »
I enjoyed my self when I first discovered in over 40 years ago. Hung with it for about a year until circumstances forced me to move to support my young family to another state. Now that I have the time, age has killed my coordination to go there again as well as available groups where I live. I'm still fascinated by it though to say the least.  ;D

Not sure if old age has killed my coordination or not, but what the heck ... the average score I kept hearing was "no score" so I figure I can at least tie that.   ;D

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:43:38 PM »

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »
Not sure if old age has killed my coordination or not, but what the heck ... the average score I kept hearing was "no score" so I figure I can at least tie that.   ;D

True enough. I just hate getting beaten by some young wipper snapper is all. ;D
Joe
NCOWS 3384

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:58:39 AM »
True enough. I just hate getting beaten by some young wipper snapper is all. ;D

I am reaching an age where everyone is a whipper snapper ... as far as getting beat ... I am use too it, I have been married four times.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com