Author Topic: Black Powder Cartridge news  (Read 3561 times)

Offline brudford

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Black Powder Cartridge news
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:37:24 AM »
Just received my free copy of the Black Powder cartridge news . Very impressed . Published by Steve Garbe maker of SPG lube . How many of you suscibe to this magazine ? Comes out qrtly . for 23.00$ yrly. subscriprion . Worth every penny . We in the black powder cartridge community small as it may be are very blessed to have this . I will be sending in my money today . Thanks .

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Black Powder Cartridge news
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:57:02 AM »
Yes it's a good rag. But like most magazines sometimes there's not much in it that is really interesting, and sometimes the thing is jammed from one cover to the other with good stuff.
 Have several years of them on the shelf.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Black Powder Cartridge News
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:18:50 AM »
I've subscribed for years. The magazine is only as good as the material Garbe gets to publish. I always enjoy his editorials and articles.
Generally, if it's endorsed by Garbe, you can take it to the bank as it's based on research and 'been-there-done-that' experience.

Some of the material is way over my head and I'm amazed at the complexity and detail of some information. Way too scientific for this Cowboy! I operate on the KISS principle. I like the articles that debunk the 'everyone knows' myths regarding BP.
I've never quite figured out just where Red Meinecke is coming from and just what burr he has under his saddle blanket. I regard his stuff as comic relief. I note that Kenny Durham is now a contributing writer.

The articles on Brit big bore double rifles are interesting, even though I'll never own one and don't enjoy getting knocked into next week by a rifle. The great photos of high quality workmanship are eye candy.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:06:34 AM »

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 05:07:19 PM »
I get it, one of my favorites.
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

Offline Short Knife Johnson

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 08:57:43 PM »
The BPC News has been a mainstay for me for many years now.  I have the project underway to collect every issue.  Well over half-way there and just have a few holes to fill.  At $46 CDN per annum, it's costly but still worth it.

I've had occasion to meet Steve a few times now and have a few B.S. sessions with him and Keith Kilby at Wyoming Armory. They keep waiving the $200/hr B.S.ing fee posted in the shop.  I'd be into them for in around 2 grand.  Fun guys to be around that's for sure.  Miss Sheryll and the rest of the crew at the SPG office are wonderful gals to deal with.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com