Author Topic: My Strite 1858 Remmie  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Coyote Hunter

• Saddlebag Preacher
  • Top Active Citizen
  • I only have two cheeks....
    • The Saddlebag Preacher
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My Strite 1858 Remmie
« on: February 06, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »
Jay did this for me over a year ago and I haven't been able to get to post until now. This is my 1985 Navy Arms (Pietta) Shooters Model Remmie with the progressive rifling and silver trigger guard. It is now my pride and joy, and although I don't shoot ncows or sass, I do western reenactments with our group here in KY and Indiana. I also do a Saddlebag Preacher or Circuit Rider historical reenactment for the local churches during the summer. My Remmington get's lots of questions from gun folks. It is 5 shot .45lc, which according to the Remington Book I had from the library is historically correct as some were converted to this caliber.

This particular gun calls for a .457 round ball, so I reload my own using 3fg BP and Buffalo Arms .454 lubed lead bullits. I found that these bullits are a little longer than the cowboy loads from black hills and others and extend a little past the cylinder, so I've gone tp using .45 schofield and .30 grains BP. with this load, it is still a kicker and is suprisingly accurate. I can keep them all in a man size chest at 40 paces, which is good enough for me. Most of the time it see's blanks for the reeactments.

I always wanted one with the colt style ejector every since I saw the one in the "Quick and the Dead" but was told they were never used on a remmie so I wouldn't be historically correct. Wellllllllllllll, I found a picture of an original at an auction site and kept it for reference. Althouse it is on a Remington Navy, it just shows what a gunsmith could do if you wanted it done!

Thanks Raven for making an an excellent and fun gun for me!

CH
"The Lord Is My Shepherd, The Bible is my guide, My horse is my partner, Mr. Remrington's on my side."

Member of the American Frontier Reenactment Guild
SixGuns Entertainment, Inc. www.sixgunsonline.com
T & L Ministries as the Circuit Rider Bro. Beauregard http://saddlebagpreacher.blogspot.com

Offline Raven

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Ravens Roost Gunsmithing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Strite 1858 Remmie
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:18:13 PM »
CH

Thank You! Appreciate it. ;)

Raven

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk