Author Topic: Looking for Colt Paterson  (Read 7538 times)

Offline jtex

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Looking for Colt Paterson
« on: February 04, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »
I have been viewing the auction sites for a while and have come up empty looking for a Paterson Replica. I would really like to find Colt Black Powder Series, but they be out of my reach $$$. I understand that Uberti made one for a while some years ago. Anyone have any advice on locating one of these replica's?

Does anyone have shooting experience with the Uberti or other repro Patersons?

Thanks,

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Looking for Colt Paterson
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »
They aren't terribly popular so the manufacturers tend to make a batch and then it might be several years until there is enough demand to run another batch.  At the shot show last month Pietta had a Paterson.  Looked pretty darn nice.  Uberti didn't have any in their display.

Offline jtex

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:47:24 AM »
Thanks for the tip. Was hoping someone out there might want to let one go. I'll be patient though.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:11:48 PM »

Offline Deadeye Dick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Deadeye & His Belle
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
NRA LIFE, NCOWS #3270, BLACK POWDER WARTHOG, STORM #254,
  DIRTY RATS #411, HENRY #139, PM KEIZER LODGE #219  AF&AM

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 03:40:20 PM »
I had one for a while, but let it go.  I got mine through Cimarron, and it was very well done.

Offline jtex

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
Thanks for the information pards;

Does anyone have recent quality feedback on the Pietta Paterson offerd by cabela's?

This pistol made history in my area of Texas and I kind of like the legacy.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
If it were ten years ago I would give Uberti an edge in overall quality.  The past few years Pietta has switched to CNC machinery and many of their guns are better than a similar model Uberti.  The Paterson I saw at the shot show looked and functioned very nicely.  One good thing about Cabelas is that they will exchange any BP guns that don't work correctly.  I use to buy tons of C&B's from Cabelas Bargain Cave.  Most of them were fine, the shooters just didn't know what they were doing and blamed the gun.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 10:26:35 PM »
If it were ten years ago I would give Uberti an edge in overall quality.  The past few years Pietta has switched to CNC machinery and many of their guns are better than a similar model Uberti.  The Paterson I saw at the shot show looked and functioned very nicely.  One good thing about Cabelas is that they will exchange any BP guns that don't work correctly.  I use to buy tons of C&B's from Cabelas Bargain Cave.  Most of them were fine, the shooters just didn't know what they were doing and blamed the gun.

I agree with Pettifogger about current Pietta quality.  If their new batch of Patersons is anything like some of their other models lately, they're bound to be good ones.

Keep an eye on GB, they pop up regularly.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline jtex

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 06:21:24 AM »
Thanks to all for the advice. I have never owned a Pietta but have long been a fan of Uberti. Amoungst a couple of their rifles, I have a Uberti 45 long with a 4.75 barrel that has been everywhere with me. I had a smithy tune it and it wears faux ivory grips. It's kind of a shame to leave my Colt SAA of the same type at home, but my Uberti is my hunting-carry gun of choice. It has dropped a couple of hogs and too many western diamondbacks to remember here in texas and is dead-on accurate and reliable.

I plan to pick-up one of the Pietta Patersons from Cabela's but they are out of stock at this time.

Does anyone know how many Patersons were produced by Colt in there Signiture Black Powder Series years ago? Any idea on how much they are worth now?

Thanks

Offline Fingers McGee

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 03:44:43 PM »
Does anyone know how many Patersons were produced by Colt in there Signiture Black Powder Series years ago? Any idea on how much they are worth now?

Thanks

To my knowledge, there are no known production numbers for the Sig Series guns.  The current Blue Book (2011) lists value for the plain jane model at $2000 for NIB and the engraved models for $3500, NIB.  There are engraved models with the presentation/display case over on Guns America listed for $2900.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 01:49:40 AM »
Uberti dropped the Paterson model several years ago as quite simply they don't sell well and even then most people who absolutely MUST have one usually don't have one for long after they have to load & shoot one.  ;D :D ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com