Author Topic: Snail Capper and the NMA  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Dalion

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Snail Capper and the NMA
« on: December 29, 2011, 04:21:08 PM »
Does anyone use a Ted Cash Snail Capper with their NMA?   I have opened up the nipple ports and I have been using inline capper without problems but a larger capacity would be a good thing.

Thanks for any help you can lend.

Dan

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
Re: Snail Capper and the NMA
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 07:23:06 PM »
Dalion,

I saw this thread online and thought that you would like it:

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-204008.html

TTFN & Happy New Year!

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 11:41:04 PM »
Those that do use the snail capper on the remmie nma do end up cutting the slots larger.  I have see 2 techniques actually in other threads on this forum.  One folks use a dremel of some such and end up with a semi circular bottom in the slot.  Others with access to a milling machine or really good hands with a file make square notches just like a colt.

Think my solution to the problem will be 4 in line cappers, already have 3.  That will give me about 80 caps.  Just counted, have three different kinds one goes back to about 1983 when I first made a black powder rifle from a CVA kit.  It probably holds 23 or 4 caps as it is somewhat longer than my middle sized that holds 20, have a shorter one that holds about 17 is should think.

If I really needed a lot of caps during a match, I could always shoot the 1860 armys, or mix and match.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:15:54 AM »

Offline Dalion

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:31:23 PM »
Thank you both for your responses.  I followed the link that WaddWatsonEllis gave, made the modifications to the snail capper and it worked fantastically.  I can load my NMAs just about as fast as cartridge gun.  I’m using the loading tubes I got from Dixie to carry a premeasured charge and the ball/bullet.  I pop the bullet out of the tube, pour the powder into the chamber, put the bullet in the chamber, and ram it down.  Cap the cylinders and  ;D ;D  ;D ;D WHOOWEeeee!

Shooting these pistols in Gunfighter mode is more fun than should be legally allowed.  Originally, I was going to carry enough extra loaded cylinders to matches so I didn’t have to load at all.  But now I don’t know what I’m going to do with those 8 extra cylinders.  Thank again Pards.

Flash Pan

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 01:54:07 PM »
I have a pretty good idea about what you can do with a couple of them, if they need a new home.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com