Author Topic: Looking for Spencer  (Read 1449 times)

Offline jtex

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Looking for Spencer
« on: November 18, 2011, 03:57:39 PM »
 ::) SSS members...

I am looking for an Armisport 56-50 Spencer in new, like-new, or great condition. I wanted to see if there might be something available through the SSS members before I look else where.  I am a bit leary of buying from one of the auction sites and/or from a private unknown party. I also know that I can take a 6 hour drive down to Fredricksburg Texas and buy one at full retail but I think I will be patient and look around.

Not to critisize the aution sites, and I have bought and sold there before, but a good friend bought a Uberti Henry 44 from an auction site and had a terrible experience. It appeared to be a like new rifle but soon became appearant that a previous owner wanted to it to shoot like a 44 mag and ran a bunch of real hot handloads through the gun. The smithy that examined the gun said it functioned fine empty but the brass reciever, follower and bolt were bent and it would not chamber or fire a round. I don't know what all that meant in technical terms.  I may be way off base but it seems to me that the 56-50 is a caliber that is more than likely to be reloaded for, and that's my concern.

Please let me know by posting or a PM if you all know of 56-50 that someone is thinking of parting with. I would take the recomendation of SSS members and appreiciate it.

Next I will be looking for spme re-loading items for myself specific to the 56-50. Great site and happy turkey day  ;).

Thanks, jtex

Offline John Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Looking for Spencer
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:36:31 PM »
Sent you a PM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com