Author Topic: U.S.Grant  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 274
U.S.Grant
« on: October 03, 2011, 02:53:59 PM »
I was at a Civil War Reenactment outside of Milwaukee yesterday. A gentleman was portraying General Grant. I missed a speech he gave but took this picture. The picture does not do him justice. I really had to do a double take when I first saw him.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 475
Re: U.S.Grant
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:11:53 AM »
There is a picture of Grant taken during the Wilderness campaign where he is leaning against a tree, uniform coat open, cigar in right hand, that is the same stance.

Eerie. And cool, too.
Thanks Johnny.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 11:37:54 PM »
Them boys really stay in charactor don't they...My moms cousin was real heavy into that,called him Pappy Dinwiddie,when he passed they gave him a big memorial and rode him around Fresno,Ca. with full honors i'm told.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:04:50 AM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 07:26:55 PM »
Best I ever saw is a fella named Roland Barajas from down in Orange County.  He was scary close to pics of Grant.  Might be still, but I haven't seen him in close to 15 years.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com