Author Topic: Spencer 1860 carbine - serial number  (Read 1738 times)

Offline tito

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Spencer 1860 carbine - serial number
« on: September 21, 2011, 05:00:15 PM »
Hi everybody

I have the opportunity to buy a model 1860 carbine, serial #50823. Any information as to the origin/issue will be greatly appreciated. I live in Denmark, and over here such info is very hard to come by.

Thanks in advance.

Tito

Hi Two Flints

First of all thank you for your very swift reply – and thank you, for taking time right away to check the SRS volumes.

Seller is an (internationally recognized) Danish auctionhouse. Estimate in Danish kroner plus vat equals app. US$1900,-. Hope to get it at app. 1300 US$

In fact you can see pictures at this link: http://www.bruun-rasmussen.dk , look under guns (“Våben”), lot no. 1139/7051, link:

http://www.bruun-rasmussen.dk/search.do?pg=1&iid=300405003&cid=513&mode=detail

The carbine probably originates from a Danish collector. However, it would not be uncommon for a Swedish or Norwegian owner to sell via Copenhagen. Auctions are every 3 months, and for some time, US Civil War guns/late 19.th. century US guns have been popping. My guess is from the same collection – most (of the few) revolvers have come with homemade holsters with the same characteristics. Problem is, that the auctionhouse will not reveal details of the seller.

If I can get any wiser I will let you know!

Regards

Tito

Offline Two Flints

• Spencer Shooting Society Founder & Moderator
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Moderating SSS IS a "Labor of Love"!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Spencer 1860 carbine - serial number
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:13:15 PM »
Tito,

Sent you an Email.  Please respond same way. We have other SSS members from Denmark.

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk