Author Topic: Cimmaron R/M numbers?  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cimmaron R/M numbers?
« on: September 15, 2011, 06:51:35 PM »
I would like to know if anyone knows the starting numbers on the early Cimmaron R/M Conversions?  I have a consecutive pair of  the .44 Armies and I have always thought that they were a part of the first group imported.   The numbers on them would certainly not support that idea though, unless they started somewhat higher.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1273
Re: Cimmaron R/M numbers?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:29:28 PM »
I don't know what the earliest R-M numbers were, but the Opentops and R-M's share the same serial number series, and the OT's came before the R-M's, so that may be why your numbers are higher than you might expect.  My oldest '51 R-M made in 2001 is s/n X021xx.
I also know that the earliest Army R-M's had a different barrel and cylinder which is not compatible with later models.

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »
Abilene, thanks for the information pard, my pair are X016xx.  As I remember it, you were doing a lot of Cimmaron work back when and I sent this pair to you for rechambering.  You stretched them from the 44Colt to 44spec caliber for me.  I wanted them to be ammo compatible with a 44spec '66.  Hopefully someone can narrow the numbers down even more, though it will probably not influence my decision to sell them.  Just curious.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:16:26 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com