Author Topic: Muzzle loader  (Read 1680 times)

Offline baddwolf7

• Rule # 1 in a gunfight, bring a gun!
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Muzzle loader
« on: August 21, 2011, 01:24:13 AM »
I am thinking about getting into shooting muzzle loaders just for fun, say side matches. I am looking for suggestions, I handled a Springfield Hawkins, didnt get to shoot it But I loved how it felt and looked. I think I can get the gun for around $350.00 minus everything that that goes with it. Might even try hunting with it if I think I can get a clean kill, wont even shoot mt neighbors annoying dog ifin I dont have a clean shot lol.
My Son, My Soldier, My Hero

Offline Fairshake

• Shooter of the HOLY BLACK
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Muzzle loader
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:17:26 AM »
First my MZ shooting started 1969-1970. If you don't shoot the real BP in them you are not receiving the real experience. The sub powders are smokeless with a added chemical that makes them smoke. They are very quick to rust a gun after firing, with some starting on the same day. Pyrodex is the worst of the bunch.
The History of shooting is really understood once you see what our forefathers went through to fire just one round. The cap and ball or percussion guns are the best to start with as the flint locks require more TLC to work.  The cartridge revolvers are a lot of fun also when filled with BP. I shoot Frontier Cartridge in SASS matches and have a good friend who shoots the Frontiersman class which is C&B.
The T/C Hawken in 50 caliber is what I have and every time I pull it to my shoulder I think of Jeremiah Johnson. Come to the Dark Side and start enjoying life!!
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com