• Top Active Citizen
  • got you in my sight
    • www.boothillbobholsters.dinstudio.se
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DVD
« on: August 07, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »
Howdy..
What DVD:s about holster making can I found on the market? I´ve got Chucks and I love it  ;D
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Offline outrider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: DVD
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »
Bob,  There is a four disc set that John Bianchi did back in 1996.  It covers the making of a Buscadero rig from scratch...starting with making the patterns to the finishing of the rig...great piece of material.

"The Art & Secrets of Advanced Western Holster Making" by John Bianchi

You can find it at www.gunvideo.com  again there are three volumes plus one interview with John.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 06:01:07 PM »
Bob, I just watched a less common one this afternoon and will do a book review on it shortly.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:01:22 AM »

Offline TN Mongo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 05:08:39 PM »
I own the John Bianchi series and I've watched Outrider's copies of the Chuck's DVDs.  I've learned a lot from both series.

Offline outrider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 11:43:33 AM »
I have a new DVD by Paul Long...who specializes only in knife sheaths...about half way through watching it...the guy is good for sure.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 367
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:46 PM »
Bob, if your wanting to make more Buscadaro rigs the Bianchi set is good to get. It shows you a good way to make the curved buscadaro belts also.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline ChuckBurrows

• Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild Rose Trading Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 12:31:21 AM »
I own the John Bianchi series and I've watched Outrider's copies of the Chuck's DVDs.  I've learned a lot from both series.

Hey I like that - me and "the Donald" who'd a thunk!  ;D
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Offline Kid Terico

• Top Active Citizen
  • I,m to small to turn the other cheek.
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 12:49:51 AM »
Outrider your right Paul Long does sheaths for some of the best knife makers. KT

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 08:19:12 AM »
Guys I am back home but for right now things are a mad house, my unexpected trip has me a week behind on chores.  While I was away something unexpected did happen, the wife looked out the window and saw two baby foxes playing in the driveway.  They had not used the hole in the ditch out front for several years but I am thinking that is where they are at during the day.

The wife had me take some heavy items to the shop yesterday and I took a few minutes to look for some old patterns, etc and luckily found a few.  The downside is that they are definitely not western and will not fit in here.  One is a discontinued pattern pack from Tandy and another was an old Tandy pattern for a quick attach holster for the big Dan Wesson revolver.  The neat thing for me was some old patterns and ideas I had used for a couple of concealment rigs.  Perhaps as time presents itself I can find a way to show these someplace else and do a simple link to them.  If I ever see these discontinued pattern packs show up on Ebay I will naturally post a link here.

I would appreciate a link to the Paul Long video if anyone has it.  SHUX Chuck, Ill bet if John had seen TNs statement he woulda been proud to be in your company also.  Though I made up the Bianchi Buscadero layout board, as featured in the video, I changed over to the Ghormley pattern that was in his Gold Canyon(?) pattern set.  This is undoubtedly the best for average shooters in my mind and is very adaptable for use with many rig designs.  I will watch and make comments on my remaining two holster videos as soon as possible.  Whew, thats all for now, I still got to trace my footsys and call Will about my order afore he accuses me of crawfishin (a Southern term fer scallywag).  HMMM, wonder if this meens I gotta wash me feets?

Offline outrider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 03:36:16 PM »
Slowhand,

Paul Long had two videos...one for beginners and one for advanced workers.  I bought it through Midwest Knifemakers supply
1350Lake St.
North Mankato, MN 56003-2035

I bought the advanced one and he tends to skip some procedures...but overall a good reference.

I am not sure I told you or not but I may have picked up an account with a knife maker here in Cleveland TN.  I have done one sheath so far and I am working on four others....if this business relationship gets off the ground I may be looking at approx 300 sheaths a year.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 04:07:20 PM »
That is really great, are you in the clicker business yet?  If there are large numbers of 'just alike' sheaths to be made it would be hard to pass up the time savings offered by few dies to cover your most common patterns.  Then again, start up expenses will have to be factored in.  I should call you in the near future for some information I need.  Later.

Offline TN Mongo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 06:22:44 PM »
Chuck,

You would think that a school teacher would do a better job of proof reading his posts!  I'm glad my post made you laugh.

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »
Slowhand,

Paul Long had two videos...one for beginners and one for advanced workers.  I bought it through Midwest Knifemakers supply
1350Lake St.
North Mankato, MN 56003-2035

I bought the advanced one and he tends to skip some procedures...but overall a good reference.

I am not sure I told you or not but I may have picked up an account with a knife maker here in Cleveland TN.  I have done one sheath so far and I am working on four others....if this business relationship gets off the ground I may be looking at approx 300 sheaths a year.

Congrats Outrider!  8)

Offline outrider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 07:12:58 AM »
I had a few questions on some of the tools being used in Paul Long's video so I sent him an email.  Low and behold about an hour later I got a phone call from him....spoke for about 45 minutes....lot's of good info and of course he is a real gentleman.

Slowhand,
First of all how is your mom?  Second...in answer to your question.no I am not in the clicker business...would be hard to click parts for knife sheathes when they are mostly all different...
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

1961MJS

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »
Hi

I've done some stamping.  I've made a Mexican Loop style holster for a 3rd Model Dragoon about 20 years ago, so anyway, I have SOME experience.  Not much, but some.   I already have Al Stohlman's How to Make  Holsters book also.  This is a hobby, not a business.  I barely have time for the hobby.

I'm going to buy Chuck's DVD on Knife sheathes.  I want to do leather sheathes, but I want to do the Rawhide sheathes also.   Chuck does your DVD cover the Rawhide sheathes or should I buy one of John Cohea's Rawhide Sheath DVD's also?  If I SHOULD, I think I should get the Basic, not the advanced, it seemed to have more information.  

Has anyone seen all three of the DVD'?  If so, which should I get?  Any other ideas?  

Thanks

Offline Dalton Masterson

• Freeda Bee Mee's driver and ammo loader
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Wheeeeee!
    • Dalton Masterson's site
  • SASS #: 51139
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
Chuck's video does NOT cover the rawhide, but is still an excellent video that I review about once a year, especially if I get into a mood to try something else and need a refresher.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com