Author Topic: BEAD DIFFERANCE  (Read 1660 times)

Offline COACHE

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
BEAD DIFFERANCE
« on: July 23, 2011, 06:49:49 PM »
Hello all, Can anyone tell me what the differance is between pond & pound beads ??? I have gone online and can only find beads by the pound when typing in pound beads. Also if there is a differance where can I get pound beads ??? I'm looking for size 8 beads.

Coache ;D

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: BEAD DIFFERANCE
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 09:57:44 PM »
Chech under czec beads,maybe that will help..I believe pond,is in reference to the color,like what you would see in a pond,earthy green colors..

http://www.shipwreckbeads.com/
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline FEATHERS

• 2Feathers
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 02:18:20 AM »
Coache,There is a bead called PONY BEADS,they are larger than SEED BEADS,if you have a look at www.nativeessence.com under glass beads,they may have what you are after.Feathers

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:41:12 PM »

Offline ChuckBurrows

• Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild Rose Trading Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 03:05:18 PM »
I use mostly pound beads in size 8/0 (pound beads are aften erroneously called pony beads and all of the folklore surrounding that name are just tha folk lore with no basis in historical fact) and get 90% of mine from Crazy Crow - they have them in various makes (I use mostly  the old time colors either French or German made, bu then I do only pre-1860 period beading) but they also sell them in the less expenisve Czech made line.
The other 10% are original 18-19th Century beads and I get most of mine from Glass River Beads or one of the other dealers in original beads.
There are other sources such as Matoska fo r modern made beads, but the many if not most of the others get their beads wholesale from CC.

aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Offline COACHE

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 07:20:48 PM »
Thanks guys I'll look at all the web sites and see what looks the best.I also found a Native American art store in town I think I will stop in and see what they have.The Stores name is Drum Beat They do have a web site but no photos.
Thanks again
Coache

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com