Author Topic: Uberti Grips  (Read 4415 times)

Offline 4Fingers

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Uberti Grips
« on: July 22, 2011, 01:16:21 AM »
I'm interested in Uberti replicas and wondering how the grips are attached.  I don't see any screws.  How do they do it?

Thanks.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Re: Uberti Grips
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 01:23:13 AM »
It's all smoke & mirrors  ;)

Actually , these are one piece...in that there are the the two grips joined by a wedge shaped spacer and joined in one piece,
These are retained by the grip frame and snug fit much as orginials were.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline 4Fingers

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 10:52:16 AM »
It's all smoke & mirrors  ;)

Actually , these are one piece...in that there are the the two grips joined by a wedge shaped spacer and joined in one piece,
These are retained by the grip frame and snug fit much as orginials were.

Interesting.  I can't quite visualize how the grips fit on the frame with a wedged shaped spacer.  Where is the wedge......in the butt of the gun or elsewhere?

Thanks.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:49:56 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 11:46:10 AM »
It's a spacer, in wedge shape to clear the main spring..
it is glued in between , it forms a channel to in circle grip frame
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline 4Fingers

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 12:22:32 PM »
It's a spacer, in wedge shape to clear the main spring..
it is glued in between , it forms a channel to in circle grip frame

Well, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.  Thanks, now I see what's going on.  I just found the following written explanation when I Googled for info.  It describes your diagram very well:

"Italian revolvers have one-piece grips. To remove them you take the two screws on either side of the hammer out and remove the screw on the bottom of the grip frame. When you do this the whole back-strap and the wood grips come off the revolver. You push the wood grips forward and they will slide off the back strap. Some revolvers have a spring through the frame that gives pressure to the cylinder pall so when removing the back strap look for it along side the hammer. After removing the wood grips replace the back strap. The grips I make replace the one piece with a two-piece grip that is held in place with an escutchion screw. Because of the variations in grips of the Uberti revolvers, even within the same model, and in order to send the right grips, would you please make a tracing of your grip frame on a piece of cardboard the consistency of a cereal box or manila envelope. When making the tracing start with the angle at the top. It must be right and then trace the outside of the grip frame. The back strap must be replaced back onto the grip frame to make this tracing. Once you get the angle at the top right hold your cardboard tight onto the grip frame and trace the outline. Once you make this tracing, cut it out to the inside of the trace lines, place it back onto the grip frame and make sure it is right. If it is too large, and lots of times it is, re-mark it and cut it down to the new line. Also, if your Uberti, such as the Beretta Stampede has two piece grips, and they have a good fit, you can trace the grip panel and mail this tracing to me. Do this for each set of Uberti grips you are ordering. Installation directions included. Satisfaction guaranteed. As I mold each grip individually, at the present I am 3-4 weeks out on grip shipment. When you mail your tracing be sure and enclose with it your name, phone number and address. Don Holman 9073 Deadman’s Hill Rd., Cashmere, WA 98815 509-782-3018 Feel free to call with any questions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com