Author Topic: SASS Equipment Requirements  (Read 14170 times)

Offline John Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SASS Equipment Requirements
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 06:48:05 AM »
Well, sir, do you know what they say about arguing with an idiot?  I'll leave you to your overactive imagination and bid you farewell.

Since I was quoting you, I must believe you have made a self assessment.  Well Bye

Offline LoneRider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Silver Screen Hero
    • LoneRider Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 09:22:10 AM »
4Fingers, I have ta concur with you on that site, I've been over there a couple of times and haven't got it figured out yet.  :) WM

What most don't understand about the SASS Wire is it's like you and your buddies sittin' around in the local bar tellin' stories and raggin' on each other! No One is really rude, just joshin' most of the time! And NO The Wire isn't SASS, it's The Wire!!
Happy Trails

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 12:54:42 PM »
4fingers, you should check out the Sunnyvale Regulators http://www.sunnyvalegunclub.com/

SASS Style Cowboy Shooting

Object: hit steel targets at ranges from 3 to 50 yards with revolvers, rifles and shotguns.

Equipment
        Clothing from the 1800's is encouraged
        Single action revolvers with calibers between .32 and 45 long colt
        One rifle from before 1896 or current clone
        One Shotgun from before 1898 or clone
        Two holsters and belt to hold the pistols, and ammo belt or slide for shotgun
        Eye and Hearing Protection

Position:
        All SASS classifications apply.
        All shooting is done standing at designated shooting areas
        Some movement between areas can be expected

When Every 1st and 3rd Monday night from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:12:20 AM »

Offline 4Fingers

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 01:16:47 PM »
4fingers, you should check out the Sunnyvale Regulators http://www.sunnyvalegunclub.com/

SASS Style Cowboy Shooting

Object: hit steel targets at ranges from 3 to 50 yards with revolvers, rifles and shotguns.

Equipment
        Clothing from the 1800's is encouraged
        Single action revolvers with calibers between .32 and 45 long colt
        One rifle from before 1896 or current clone
        One Shotgun from before 1898 or clone
        Two holsters and belt to hold the pistols, and ammo belt or slide for shotgun
        Eye and Hearing Protection

Position:
        All SASS classifications apply.
        All shooting is done standing at designated shooting areas
        Some movement between areas can be expected

When Every 1st and 3rd Monday night from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM

Thanks for that info, turns out that place is only 40 miles away from me.

Offline Mule Ear Mortensen

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 06:17:12 PM »
4Fingers,

You could also try the coyote valley cowboys in Morgan Hill.
coyotevalleycowboys.com

They shoot the 2nd Saturday of each month and have a dedicated range with permanent store fronts. Great group of folk too.

The Sunnyvale Regulators are a great Posse and love to help out new guys. Talk to Shaniko Jack. He is one of the greatest Pards I know! The Sunnyvale Regulators is THE place for vampires to shoot CAS ! (get it... we shoot at night)  ;)
Shaniko Jack (650) 464-3764

Further South near Salinas at the Swiss Rifle range in Gonzales the Faultline Shootist Society puts on great monthy matches and a great annual in September called "Adobe Walls". If you can't have fun with them then you just don't know how to.   ;D      
faultlineshootistsociety.org

Mule Ear Mo
STORM # 360
HENRY # 145
SCORRS
RATS # 680

Offline 4Fingers

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 06:29:10 PM »
4Fingers, I have ta concur with you on that site, I've been over there a couple of times and haven't got it figured out yet.  :) WM

God Bless You!

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 12:10:39 PM »
Sorry for asking about such basic stuff, but every time I try to get answers to questions about the "cowboy action shooting" game on the SASS site, or other sites,  I get a bunch of ads and BS and problems and after wading through tons of crap I still can't figure out how to find answers to fundamental questions.... for example.......which guns are required....pistols, rifles, shotguns.....there has to be an answer but it's like a super secret society or something....sheesh.  What is is the timer thing-a-ma-jiggy about.....I see videos of a guy standing behing shooters with a gizmo that I presume is timing how fast they can waste ammo. 

I'm begging you.....surely someone can explain it to me like the second child-hood senior citizen that I am.  Where is there a web site for cowboy action shooting that is simple to navigate and understand?

Thanks,

Old and Decrepit in California     

To be honest I didn't answer your first question because the only question mark that I see here is about a web site and I think that CAS City is the best.  The only drawback is that there are a lot of different subjects being discussed on CAS City and sometimes people aren't sure where to post. ;D

Google is a friend to those of us who use the web a lot.  You can type almost any subject in an get some kind of answer.

Also, you got really good advice in don't buy anything until you have been to a few matches so here's a list that you should be able to find one or two clubs that shoot near you on.

http://www.sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_list.php?state=California

Here are some links to actual videos you can watch of a shooter that I often shoot with.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Red+River+Ray&tbo=p&tbm=vid&source=vgc&hl=en&aq=f

Here are some links to general cowboy action videos.
http://www.google.com/search?q=Red+River+Ray&tbo=p&tbm=vid&source=vgc&hl=en&aq=f#ds=yt&pq=red%20river%20ray&hl=en&cp=8&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=Cowboy%20action%20shooting&pf=p&sclient=psy&biw=1440&bih=740&tbm=vid&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=Cowboy+a&aq=0&aqi=g5&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=63f918644f6b1ca4
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline maarty

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 05:14:36 AM »

Here are some links to general cowboy action videos.
http://www.google.com/search?q=Red+River+Ray&tbo=p&tbm=vid&source=vgc&hl=en&aq=f#ds=yt&pq=red%20river%20ray&hl=en&cp=8&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=Cowboy%20action%20shooting&pf=p&sclient=psy&biw=1440&bih=740&tbm=vid&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=Cowboy+a&aq=0&aqi=g5&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=63f918644f6b1ca4

The "tips and techniques" series of videos in that link is really quite good for anyone interested in CAS. They go over a lot of the basics with various sections of gear and a run through of how to use it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com