Author Topic: A Time to Reflect  (Read 4340 times)

Badlands Walker

A Time to Reflect
« on: August 07, 2005, 10:02:59 AM »
First of all, I wish to thank all of you for your posts & emails to me & my family!  Y'all are very kind.

I have asked the Marshal to remove the post from Book Miser as to not keep the sad reminder.  I hope you all can understand that.

It's very difficult in these times to say the right words or do the right things, so I will do the very best that I can.

On my return trip home, I have had plenty of time to reflect on life.  Life is a very precious thing and most of us take it for granted.  I for one, will no longer do this.  I need to make some changes in my own life, so that I can change those things around me that seem so hard & cold.  I need to look at life with more opened eyes & realize we only get one shot at this to make it right.  Life is what we make of it & I for one, need to make some serious changes.

It has always been important to me in life to be accepted & do what is need to be accepted, no matter the cost.  That is wrong!  I have always been the outlaw rebel who did things my way, no matter the cost!  This is wrong as well.  I have always done what I wanted & said what I feel, no matter who's feelings I hurt.  This is very wrong!!!

What you have seen before you here & other forums, is not the man I am at all.  I don't like to show that I care or that things truly matter to me, because I have always felt that to be a weakness.  What a fool I have been & all the years wasted on trying to be something that I'm not, just to protect myself.  For this, I am sorry.

I have always been a loner & trusted no one.  I have hurt those who truly care, because of my own selfish needs or desires.  I have stuck to my guns my whole life & didn't care what that meant to others around me, because I am the rebel.  What a foolish man indeed.

I won't ask forgiveness, because I don't deserve it.  I won't apologize, because with recent events in my life, it will seem desperate & meaningless.  I know what I need to change & I will work very hard at it.  To those pards who stuck by me, I am grateful.  To those who I have offended or hurt, it was not my true intention.

Thank you all for your utmost attention & for the kind words and concerns.  You were there when needed & I am forever grateful.

Badlands Walker.

Silent Joe

Re: A Time to Reflect
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 10:22:16 AM »
B.W. reading your message, I'm getting cold. Those words from a man like you tought my soul. I'll pray for you to the Great Lord, he will give you the strenght to change to an other man.Kindly and onselfish. Do'nt look back; that time is past; look ahead. There is a new era for a new man. Good Luck, B.W.

Offline R D Henry

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 10:45:11 AM »
BW, very sorry to hear of your loss, I can relate. My prayers are with you and your family.

After reading your post, I saw a lot of similarities between us...there's a scary thought!   :o  I was wondering where you disappeared to, hadn't seen anything on the SASS wire in a long time. You and Horst trading one-liners and jabs at each other (in jest) were funny as hell!   ;D

Glad to hear you got the spread sold and will be moving our way. Look me up when you get here, there's some mugs that need to get turned upside down!   ;)
I know I have the right to remain silent, I just don't have the ability.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
SASS #27663...WartHog

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:22:04 AM »

Badlands Walker

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 11:02:06 AM »
R.D.

Much obliged pard!  Yes Sir, I miss ol' Horst & hope he's up to no good!  Dang, that is scary to think there are two like us out there runnin' wild! 8)

Fer' sure!  We'll get together & turn a few on end! ;)

Slim Silver

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 06:08:37 PM »
Hey Walker,

Funny thing, you don't have to change at all.  What you describe that you feel you should be, you already are.  I saw it early on.  You just don't always show it in a way that others can see, because you did not want anybody to know it.  Compassion ain't a weakness.  "It often takes more strength to reveal than to conceal."  (That's another one of my originals)  I've spent most of my life reading between the lines and you sir have volumes in there.  I'll ride with ya any daymy friend.

Slim Silver

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 06:27:21 PM »
I just reflected of what I know of you and since we have never met up face to face, I think you are as good a cowpoke as there is.
I have read many of your posts and never got the feeling you were anything other than probably more than honest in your feelings and convictions. What is wrong with that?
I think as far as the boards go, you should stay the way you are. It takes all kinds pard, and you are one of a kind and I would hate for you to make a radical change in yourself.
Chin up pard, you have been through an awful lot lately.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Badlands Walker

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:40:32 AM »
Hey Walker,

Funny thing, you don't have to change at all.  What you describe that you feel you should be, you already are.  I saw it early on.  You just don't always show it in a way that others can see, because you did not want anybody to know it.  Compassion ain't a weakness.  "It often takes more strength to reveal than to conceal."  (That's another one of my originals)  I've spent most of my life reading between the lines and you sir have volumes in there.  I'll ride with ya any daymy friend.

Slim Silver

Much obliged Slim.  I remember a post a while back where ya almost gave it away that I was really a nice guy.  Most folks missed the post & I thought I was in the clear! :D

It's pards like yourself that make me proud to be part of such an elite group!  In all my years of belonging to one group or another, CAS is the finest I have ever seen.  Thanks fer' all the kind words & the heartfelt emule ya sent pard!  I'm honored that you would ride the river with me & proud to be called yer' pard!  I sincerely hope that our paths will cross one day so I can meet up with ya in person & shake yer' hand!  You have been a friend indeed & I am truly honored! 8)

Badlands Walker

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 08:44:49 AM »
I just reflected of what I know of you and since we have never met up face to face, I think you are as good a cowpoke as there is.
I have read many of your posts and never got the feeling you were anything other than probably more than honest in your feelings and convictions. What is wrong with that?
I think as far as the boards go, you should stay the way you are. It takes all kinds pard, and you are one of a kind and I would hate for you to make a radical change in yourself.
Chin up pard, you have been through an awful lot lately.

Well pard, I don't know what to say, but thanks!  I truly apprciate the kind words & have always done my best to be a good cowpoke & a real friend to those in need.  Can't say I have always been the best I could have been at times, but I have always given 100% of me.  Yer' a pard indeed and I am honored!  Much obliged! 8)

Badlands Walker

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 12:05:01 PM »
Received an emule this mornin' tellin' me to get over myself & grow up!  Don't believe that was neccessary at all.  Some folks are just never happy enough are they & need to pee on that last warm coal in yer' campfire!!! >:(

Notice I didn't give yer' name up, fool. ;) 8)

Badlands Walker

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 12:29:47 PM »
Yeah, I figured that last post would get me a ding or two! ;)

Changin' don't mean becomin' a sissy!  I don't like bein' insulted & I will stand on firm ground there! >:( 

This old dog can still bite! ;)

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 12:42:19 PM »
Received an emule this mornin' tellin' me to get over myself & grow up!  Don't believe that was neccessary at all.  Some folks are just never happy enough are they & need to pee on that last warm coal in yer' campfire!!! >:(

Notice I didn't give yer' name up, fool. ;) 8)

Sounds to me like this individual needs to follow their own advice!  They need to grow up and get over it!  I think you're sincere in trying to change the perception others have of you, and will back you when ever I can!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • "I'm ordering you to volunteer again Sgt. Tyree...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 01:33:42 PM »
Take care sir; you're in my prayers...

LazyK Pejay

Badlands Walker

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 01:37:28 PM »
Sir!  That's a bit overboard! :o

Badlands or BW will do just fine! 8)

Mr. Walker, iffn' ya feel the need! ;) :D