Author Topic: Chen Lee's 'Rat'  (Read 1740 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Chen Lee's 'Rat'
« on: June 28, 2011, 03:29:55 PM »
Our club likes to use scenes or events from books/movies in our stages. We also require the shootist to say a line from same as well, before the 'Beeep'.
Last weekend we shot thru' a stage I wrote for our annual match to work out the bugs. It starts with the shootist sitting, a Colt Walker (or Dragoon) loaded with one round on the table. The shootist must say; "This is a writ. It is a rat writ, written for a rat, ...", etc. before picking up the pistol and blasting the 'rat'. We used those prairie dog 'see-where-ya-hit-'em' targets at 7 yards.
My wife was first up and shot a Dragoon rather than a Walker. Hit her rat dead centre! Only two people to miss were men ..... I wasn't one of them, thank the Lord!

In the book, Cogburn fires TWO rounds at the rat with Mattie's Walker. We compromised with one; like Cogburn's .45 in the movie.  Works for us ... ;>)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Two-Step

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Chen Lee's 'Rat'
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 01:34:30 AM »
Mr. Rat, I have a writ here that says you are to stop eating Chen Lee's cornmeal forthwith. Now, It's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of same!
Now, try doing it while drunk on double-rectified bust head whiskey.  ;D

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com