Author Topic: Input needed on PRS and Mav Dutchman Mold order  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Input needed on PRS and Mav Dutchman Mold order
« on: May 13, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »
I've been collecting orders for these two great BP mold designs by LEE Precision.  Now, it's time for me to fish or cut bait.  Here's what I wrote on TFS and SASS wire.

This is an open thread to all that have expressed interest in a PRS or MAV Dutchman boolit mold.

Orders have slowed and we are short of the 25ea per design needed to save the $100 set up fee. I see only three options and invite your input.

Option 1 Collect payment and share setup fee and order now.

Option 2 Wait till we have a minimum of 25.

Option 3 Stop accumulating orders and inform all that there is not enough interest in which case the molds would not be ordered.

I will make a decision by the end of May. I value your input on this.

Thanks,

Yer Pard,

DD-DLoS

email is:

rrhody@spwl.net
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline john boy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Input needed on PRS and Mav Dutchman Mold order
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 09:58:43 PM »
DD:  I put up a couple of posts on other forums.  Let's give it about a week to see if any replies come in to you.
Regards
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 10:49:45 PM »
People, Cuts Crooked  can tell you all about these molds abnd the bullets they produce.

If you are going to shoot BP these are the bullets for you.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:51:29 AM »

Offline Shiloh Sharpie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 02:39:16 PM »
I've been collecting orders for these two great BP mold designs by LEE Precision.  Now, it's time for me to fish or cut bait.  Here's what I wrote on TFS and SASS wire.

This is an open thread to all that have expressed interest in a PRS or MAV Dutchman boolit mold.

Orders have slowed and we are short of the 25ea per design needed to save the $100 set up fee. I see only three options and invite your input.

Option 1 Collect payment and share setup fee and order now.

Option 2 Wait till we have a minimum of 25.

Option 3 Stop accumulating orders and inform all that there is not enough interest in which case the molds would not be ordered.

I will make a decision by the end of May. I value your input on this.

Thanks,

Yer Pard,

DD-DLoS

email is:

rrhody@spwl.net

DD - Can you share background on these moulds and your quest to order. Perhaps a private message is best.  Thanks.
Shiloh Sharpie
SASS 10477 Life
-------------------------------------------------------
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 08:23:03 PM »
Ho Shiloh,

Take a look here.  http://www.frontierspot.org/viewtopic.php?t=17522  .  I have some photos of he bullets.

This design is the best there is for shootn' BP for CAS main matches.  Pards, including myself, shoot a ten stage match without cleaning between stages.  We have no loss of accuracy of function.  Cleanup is a snap because of all the lube they haul.

These designs carry at least five times the lube of their nearest competitors.

The molds are six cavity commercial molds by LEE Precision.  They are available by custom order only.  I am brokering orders for all three now.  We will close out the orders and ask for money come end of this month.

Molds run $50, handles, if you need them, are $18, and shipping is $4.50.  If we don't reach the 25 unit minimum I'm going to ask pards to kick in $10 to cover the $100 set up fee.

I can be reached at:
rrhody@spwl.net

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Offline john boy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

Offline Coyote Roper

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 09:07:22 PM »
DD,

I just received my new melting pot and am going to try my hand at casting my own bullets.  I will probably start with the Mav Dutchman mold.

I will send you an email to confirm all details.

CR
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 11:01:11 AM »
Thanks John Boy,

Please note that the thread is dated May 13, 2004!  I was heading up a group buy.  In a group buy the first person to pay waits the longest for their mold, sometimes up to Two years. . .

I've made the Big Lube™ bullet molds an inventory item with prompt delivery.  I've tried very hard to give the best possible service to pards that order Big Lube™ items.  With Ten current mold designs and a minimum order of 25ea, that's 250 molds.  That's a lot of my 401K sitting on the shelf waiting for your order.  Right now, when I order from LEE I have to send a check up front, same as you.  The current wait time for delivery from LEE is NINE MONTHS after they cash my check.    If you think I'm over charging, I have room for investors. . .

In the mean time, I'll keep on doing all I can to get the Big Lube™ products to my clients as soon as possible at a fair price.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Offline Canelo Kid

• SASS #23321
  • Active citizen
    • Los Vaqueros
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 12:45:23 PM »
Dick Dastardly,

I for one am impressed with your service!  ;D

I ordered a PRS .45 mold the 31st of May, it was in my grubby little hands by the 3rd of June and I cast my first ever boolits yesterday.  :o

I followed the directions with the mold by degreasing and lubing then fired up my plumbers pot on the turkey fryer. It took about six or seven pours to get the hang of pouring until all the cavities filled correctly. After that I ran 250 straight and they are PURTY!

Ran them through my luber-sizer this morning with my new .454 size die and they look good to go. I'll load them up and shoot them at our match on the 20th. I know they work well as I tried some a Pard gave awhile back. Six stages on a hot dry day with no hard crud ring left in my '66 rifle and the S/S NMV's cleaned up with baby wipes. That's why I ordered my own mold I suppose.

Now I just need to keep the pot full.

Safe trails,
CKid
BWSS  USA #04
BCSS #40

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com